Did anyone catch fish on saturday 8/22?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Gotbuck, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    The day was great for weather and not too hot as the breezes were all day long. I fished at Busch from 8:00am till 8:00pm on Lakes 33 by spillway, 5, 34 which I always have nice fish and i can tell you I got skunked to the point I was throwing things in the truck. Good thing the kids were not there.:smile2: I fished on the bottom all day, then tried floating with corks for a while ( I need to order some kat boobers from Wolf) but nothing. Big bass were busting water all day long so I figured the cats were helping themselves as well. I spoke to several folks at all these lakes and they had no luck either. I was using my old reliables, liver and cheese dough, blood bait dough, Premo dip bait and even nightcrawlers. What were you all using and doing. I have never seen this before and attribute it to the weather change we had. What do you think?

2. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We was fishen the the MO river me and roadkill. River was on a hard drop in the area and the cats wouldent comit to bait. We had a few bites that was it on worms and perch. Only fish I got this past weekend was a 15lb blue fri night @ the peak of the Mo river rise.

3. ljensen

ljensen New Member

State:
    mo
    Found 5 eater flatheads all on chubs in about 12' of water on the Misouri behind on of those messed up dikes.

4. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I fished a Flathead tournament in White Cloud, KS this weekend on the MO river and caught a bunch of fish. We ended up catching 15 fish 14 flatheads and 1 blue the biggest 10 were 53 #s and we ended up taking second out of 18 boats. The biggest was 13#s. We caught most of our fish on live shad in 18-25 ft of water.

5. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Matt in the 18-25 foot depths you guys were slaying em was that on the bottom or suspended in deeper water?

6. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri

On the bottom. I never fish suspended!

7. Billyboy

Billyboy New Member

State:
    missouri
    Fished the Mississippi Pool 24 on the 22nd. Caught Falthead and Channel Cat in the 2 to 5lb range using shad. Cut and Live on the bottom. Had best activity from 3pm to 5pm. The 23rd was a repeat of the 22nd.

8. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I had 10 bank lines out Sat. night. Caught two flatheads 15# and 8#. Fishing the Mississippi.

9. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Fished the hole on the cruket river from about 9pm to 4am caught about 30 gar, 1 channel and a small flattie had to keep both cats couldnt get the 8/0 circles out they went belly up, got very cold that night. Also went down to camden county for a one day float trip with my brother sunday moring, floated the little niagra 6mile float first two miles was some great fishing caught about 10 good sized perch, blue gills ect and a nice small mouth no photos tho forgot my cam at the cabin :smile2: those rooster tail lures work great on a ultra lite cast them a country mile.. The guy who hauled us up to our put in place and picked us up kept asking me how i caught gar, He couldnt belive me i was catching them on a 30lb mono line, he asked me monday moring for like the 3rd time when my brother and i were leaving how i caught them and wut i was using. Told him 8/0 offset circle hook, gold fish or any type of cut bait and 30lb big game he seemed amazed lol anyways thats my weekend/report.