Did anybody else watch this

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by field989, Jun 4, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    i just finished watching blue collar comedy tour one for the road

it was great!!!

i was laughing the whole way through it :lol:

just wondering if anybody else seen this or watches any blue collar stuff

2. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Big fan I'll have to check it out.

PS I watched Joe Dirt again this evening

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana

that movie is great!!!!!

i love to watch it lol

that and smoky and the bandit(the first two)

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Love it, especially larry the cable guy.
    I watched them film parts of Smokey & the Bandit in Jonesboro Ga. They blew the old wooden bridge I used to shoot and fish off of for the jump scene. They completely destroyed three cars practicing that scene. pretty cool.

5. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Funny stuff! Ever seen The Red Green Show? It's a funny show for us "do it yourselfers"!

http://www.redgreen.com/

Smitty

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I only caught the last 10 minutes, the spoof w/ the pictures. From what I saw, this could be better than the 1st two.

FRY: I think the new season of BLUE COLLAR TV starts tonight @10pm.

7. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yes it does start tonight @10 im gonna watch it

yeah i watch the red green show whenever i can catch it on lol its pretty funny

8. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    YES... Thats why Im so tired today. I stayed up watching it.

Those fellas built quite an empire of cash flow with that show. Brilliant comedy of a specific genre like that is gaining popularity lately. It is similar in its methodology to the Kings of Comedy Tour with Cedric the Enterainer and Bernie Mac and the other two guys whose names escape me. You find a few fellas whose material works along the same pulse-line of fans and voila! You have a masterpiece.

I thought that Engval did the best of the four this time around. I have always been a fan of storyteller-style comedy, and he is really really good at it. Larry the Cable guy is a genius when it comes to quips, but really... Bill Engval NAILED his bit.

And the part at the end of the show where they do old road-comedian game is fantastic. Theyre tapping into and mining one of the cool and behind-the-scenes things that some comedians do when theyre on the road together... oly here theyre self depricating. Those games are things fans rarely see. There are about a dozen popular games that comedians play with each other to sharpen their wit and looking at pics and rewriting captions is one of em. I wonder if any other comedic troupe will do some of the other games.

The Bar game is another good game, although the Blue Collar guys did not play that. You start by pointing to one of the guys and saying "A ***** walks into a bar", choosing anything in the world that could possibly exist. It is then up to the guy you pointed to to repeat the line and instantly finish the joke by instantly improvising a punchline. The goal is not to come up with the funniest thing, but to answer fast with something at least mildly funny. The goal is a speedy improvised answer. Example (forgive me- this is off the top of my head as I type- so dont expect it to be classic material)- You point to one guy and say, "A Catfish walks into a bar" Whoever you point to has a set time to come up withy an answer such as "A Catfish walks into a bar... with a fish bowl on his face and says, gimme a drink quick- my head is swimming."
    After the initial joke is said, then it goes around the table or circle where everyone tries to one- up the joke. So the next guy in the group says "A catfish walks into a bar... with a politician and the bartender says Get that slimy foul smelling thing out of here! So the fish asked the politician to leave" Then the next guy in the circle says, "A catfish walks into a bar... with a prostitute. The bartender looks at the hooker and says "Arent you worried about getting stuck with a fin? The prostitute replies, "No- we already agreed on a twenty." And so on. When everyone has had a turn, then they guy who said the first punchline points and picks the next setup for the next joke of WHAT will walk into the bar.

Ill tell ya, at the beginning of a show it really gets the comedians up to speed when dealing with the audience.

I like that a variation on the caption game finally came to the public. The caption game just involves the group bringing their magazines or newspapers to the table and picking on every picture, just as they did with the personal photos of the comedians.

Sometimes the best material is written in just that sort of a setting.