did a little shootin today

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by 223reload, Jan 12, 2008.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I took my daughter out today to do some shootin,and I also took my Ruger mod 77/17 with a new BSA sweet 17 3-12 scope ,that I've been itchin to put on paper since I bought it over a year ago. The weather was great at first ,I set up a target at 25 yds and shot a few ,much to my suprise my bore sight kit from BSA had it on the paper ,an 8 1/2x 11 1/2 paper target. and it was less than 6 inches high .so with very few adjustments I was able to get er done . With the gun shooting a six shot string at around 3/4 " at 25 yds ,I moved to 100 Fired a three shot string,Again I was right in the Ball park two inches high one and a smidge right ,which I attributed to the now 10+ mph westerly winds,In Nine more shots ,of three each I had a group of 3/4" with the last six shots . It was about 1 1/4 to the right ,but because of the wind I left my windage alone for a calmer day. I'm happy with the results ,and cant wait to shoot it more on a bit calmer day to see just how tight a group I can get with it. Now my daughter is Itchen to shoot a little too so back to 25 yds we go and I set up six steel rimfire silloetts and load up my Henry golden boy in 22 lr ,She shoots six in a row ,set up again ,six more ,I'm beside my self by now ,Go set up six more and four more ,Then a miss ,then three more LOL. Im very proud of her at any rate . I know she will be a force to be reckoned with in time .

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Heres the targets ,thought some of you might like ta see em.

Attached Files: