did a little salt water fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by ncfowler, Sep 2, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    over the weekend we decided to go to cape lookout for the weekend and do some vacation stuff, I droped off my wife at the sandbar off the light house so she can get her shells and sand dollars, While she was doing her thing my son and i were looking for sharks, I was able to get some nice size mullets for bait and hooked up and started drifting around sand bars, My son got several smaller sharks nothing real big but was just as fun for him to catch, He had a monster hook up but was unable to keep it on and lost it, I did get some flounder on a rig with a minnow on, over all he was able to catch about 12 sharks the larges being around 3' and my wife got her shells, The bay was like glass on saturday when we got there, we only spent a 1/2 day out on the water from noon till around 5pm we did see a pod of dophins on the way back to the launch and watched them for about 10 min, over all we had a good weekend and enjoyed our family time together. jeff

2. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    sounds great jeff, I would really like to get back before it gets cold but not looking good. got to be fun looking for that big shark.

3. kaleb5000

kaleb5000 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    sounds like a good time man i just started salt water fishing about 2months ago i have trolled off of wrightsville beach 2 times now and both time managed to hook up on some decent sharks from my kayak. im still lookin for bigger though

Attached Files:

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good luck with that I saw a Tiger shark last year off of Ocean Isle bigger than that kayak so be careful.:wink: You got a bigger set than me.:big_smile:

5. kaleb5000

kaleb5000 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    last weekend i had a hammer head about 7 or 8 ft com swim right along my kayak till i casted my cigar minnow to him he wanted none of it. im not to worried about the sharks i mean if i catch something i cant handle ill just cut the line and hopefully that will be the end of that.

6. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
    can't figure out "quote" but key word in above statement is "HOPEFULLY"!!!
    Just like forrest gump said "IT HAPPENS" ... "SOMETIMES"

of course they put me on the next page.

7. todobiennc

todobiennc New Member

State:
    nc
    Did you try fishing behind the shrimp boats?

8. kaleb5000

kaleb5000 New Member

State:
    north carolina