Diawa surfs

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by kingdawes, Sep 20, 2007.

1. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Does anybody own a diawa surf caster. I was talking to a guy the other day and he had a couple and said he loved'em. Really did feel like a nice rod and he could cast forever.Though I would the brothers and sisters what they though.

2. Catfish Willy57

Catfish Willy57 New Member

State:
    georgia
    I've got three 13' Daiwa Eliminators. These are MH rods. Great backbone, soft tip for throwing live bait. I use 30lb Ande mono with 2oz sinkers. I use Shakespear spinning reels. This combination will cast a country mile and still have the backbone to land blues over 40lbs without much effort. Buddy of mine used one of these rods and landed a 72lb blue. He couldn't believe how well this combination handle such a large fish. Wouldn't trade them for anything.

3. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I think that I will start pricing these rods. I thinking along the lines of 10 footers. I wonder if they will perform just as well with a bait caster. Thanks for sharing. was that his personal best

4. catBob

catBob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Diawa rod i like them this is the rod i use when i throw a 10''-12'' bobber its got a enough snap in it to throw a 3oz bobber and plus u can buy 12' diawa rod for $30 all day casting and spinning which ant a bad deal good luck on your choice