Diawa Beef sticks

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by catfishslayer05, Jul 20, 2006.

1. catfishslayer05

catfishslayer05 New Member

Does anyone use the diwa beef sticks????? And what do you think of them,because i'm thinking of selling my 10ft. ticas ang getting some of the beef sticks any info would be good .:cool2:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have a 12 foot Beefstick and am very happy with it. Even at 12 foot the thing has a sensative tip and alot of backbone. I also have a powertip that I like just as well 12 foot also. I have never used a 7 foot beefstick though sorry

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just got a 7 footer and couldn't be more pleased. I hope they have them on the market for a long time, because I will be getting more!

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    For learning purposes.Why are you getting rid of the "10ft. ticas"? I have a 7 ft.MH 1-5 oz.lure wt. 15-50 lb.line weight Daiwa BEEFSTICK rod with a Penn 345 GTI reel Spooled with 600 yds.of Bass Pro mono.It perfectly balances 6 inches in front of the center of the rod clamp.It seems to be a great outfit in every way.I just have to get to use it.peewee-williams

5. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've got two 12ft beefsticks with penn 500's mounted on them. I'm 5'6" and the length from reel to butt is too long for my short arms. Other that they work great. I use them bank fishing on the Mississippi river with 6 oz of lead. They are rated to 8.
    jeff

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Sure is good to hear about others my height.It lets me know that God was not picking on just me!I do have a problem getting any sun in a crowd.peewee-williams.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I have a 7ft Beefstick, I got mine for $25, which I think is an excellent price for a pole like that. I do recommend them for places where you have to wrestle a big fish up.

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I checked them out and think they are as stiff as rebar, not real crazy about them.

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, they are stiff, but you need something like that when you're using 50lb mono line and locking your drag down so you can get that big Catfish out of the cover, or when you're out saltwater fishing on a boat near a reef and are pulling big grouper out of the reef. For most catfishing I would rather have the Shakespheare Ugly Catfish rod.

10. catfishslayer05

catfishslayer05 New Member

Thanks for all the info. I just might keep the ticas and get the beefsticks!!!!!!:cool2:

11. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    where do i find beefsticks that long! jeez, my beef sticks that i eat are only about 6 inches and not no 12 FEET!!!!!

12. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just got a Bass Pro Shop sales catalog and they have them in there from 5'6" to 10'. Price on them is 14.88 to 16.88. Internet or catalog orders only.