Diawa Beef Stick

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by gearhead, Feb 20, 2008.

1. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Hows this rod .I bought one medium heavy. At BPS for $24.00 .

2. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    i have one and i think it works well...very stout rod...kinda heavy but its not a bass pole so that shouldnt matter to much...it doesnt to me...anyways for the price i was very satisfied...it should have no trouble draggin in a monster flathead or blue...good luck!

3. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    My friend fishes those rods And they are a pretty nice rod I was suprised how tuff they are for themonet good deal.

4. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I just put a abu 6500 c3 on it with 40lb ande green line with a 2oz eggsinker,2/0 barrel swivel and 18"of 80lb test big game with a 9/0 khale hook. The 40lb line was a bit much for the 6500 but its on there .Im goin to put my biggest bait on this rod combo and hope for a big one.:tounge_out:

5. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    u shouldnt have any trouble reelin him in then...i have a 7000 on mine...i love abu garcia...good luck!

6. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    That 7000 is what I want to put on it a little later when I can . That should handle any cat in N.C. (Thanks)

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I have one Model ba601mrs. Its my carp rod and I love it. The price wasnt to bad either, $24.99 . I have an Okuma Epixor EB30 baitrunner on it with 20 pound fireline. Its a 6 foot medium action so it says. Its more like a broom handle.

8. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    The word BEEF says it all. I have two a 11'surf & a 7' boat rod. Both are spinning, but are really tough. :cool2:

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

Gregory, where did you buy yours at. I got mine at BPS but they only have like 2 sizes. I was looking at the surf rod myself.

10. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I got mine here ( http://www.castawaylakes.com/DaiwaRods.html ). I bought two of the 12ft casting rods. They work great for me, teamed with Garcia 7000 reels. I use them from the bank and pier, at the Ohio River. They will sure muscle in a Flathead catfish.:big_smile:

11. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    the m/h is not so bad but the heavy is like a broom handle ,you could screw your shoulder up with a 9 ft heavy action LOL

12. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    These rods are ok I guess but a little heavy and stiff for my liking.