diamond valley lake

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by askins00, Oct 16, 2008.

1. askins00

askins00 New Member

State:
    California
    Now with the private boats not allowed on the lake, due to low water levels, and more shore opened up. I was thinking of going in the next few days. Has anyone been there? Has anyone caught any good sizes catfish. Any input would be appreciated.

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    where is it? i never heard of the lake before

3. askins00

askins00 New Member

State:
    California
    Diamond valley lake is on the Temecula, hemet border. It is located off highway 74 and diminigoni parkway.

4. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i am planning a trip out there to visit the inlaws in march. me and my brother-in-law/father-in-law are planning a trip to the lake. we havent fished it yet. we usually fish the lakes a little closer to thier neck of the woods, like dixon. however, i am still very excited about going there.

any in-put would be greatly appreciated.

5. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    The newest reservoir in So. Ca., DVL is located just off Hwy 79 outside of the town of Winchester in Riverside Co. If you know where Lake Skinner is DVL is just a few miles north of it.

Be aware that now that you can't launch your own boat, the concessionaire has put a $30.00 "fuel surcharge" on the all day boat rentals, $20.00 on half days and $5.00/hr. for hourlies.
    Nothing but profiteering.
    The best response is not to visit the lake at all untill this unconscionable gouging is removed.

6. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    beutiful lake. i took pictures of all the structure as they were filling it, thinking i'd be able to fish it. then when they changed the plans so many times on boats and ended of 4 cyc only, couldn't do it. got so mad destroyed all the pictures i took.
    am sorry to hear that the lake is so far down though. it is a great lake to fish i've heard and pretty as heck.
    gary

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Been there three times.... I don't think that I'll go back again.... They don't treat the public right... and like Tofish said.... they got the endorsement of fishermen, and then "slipped it to them" with the 2 stroke restriction.... was it the way to treat the folks that suported the effort?.....sure, get rid of jet skis and water skiiers... the oil in the water is ok.... might help lubricate the minds of the "metro water dist" folks brains....We got screwed fishermen...... "Welcome to California...."

Bayrunner Ray

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Some people I know went up there last week and got into some good action up to 23#s for a blue. DVL will be a jewel for catfish in the near future. Give it about 5 - 6 more years and that is going to be the premiere place to be for cats.