Dial up decision

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dreamer34, Sep 26, 2008.

1. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    Hey ya'll..took some time off to take care of some stuff in my life and have moved to an area that doesn't have broadband and i got to use dial up...would like suggestions as to what i should go for...right now am using netzero(it's free right now...lol)but really slow...thanks for the help

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Switching to Mozilla Firefox for my browser seemed to really help with my dial up speed, before I got the DSL.
    Bill in SC

3. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    I think you can get broadband through directv, Using a satellite. Theres no way I could go back to dialup.

4. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    the direct tv broadband is not really very good for the price that you have to pay.

Satellite internet has really bad latency and in the case of the hughesnet(directv) they limit the amount you can download and if you exced it they throttle back your connection to less than a good dial up connection.

5. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    there is also the fact that weather can impact your service a lot also. A hard rain can block out service and even light rain or heavy clouds can decrease signal strength.

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    sorry to hear that you have to use Dial-up but I guess that's better then not being to chat with your BOC brothers and sisters

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Had Dial Up for a couple yrs and went to Hughes Net. So far no complaints
    with it. Haven't had a lot of problems far as weather goes. Usually if real stromy I shut it all down anyway.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am using Earthlink dial up and it aint bad fer dial up but we are gonna be switchin over here soon .!