DH & I Went fishing in the rain

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by puppypal, May 11, 2009.

1. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    raysplay & I decided to go fishing after the yearly grave yard clean up which was over around 11:30 am
    We dashed home and grabbed our gear and off we started to fish somewhere before the weather came in. Robert (tallmanrus) called DH while we were in the car & told us of a great spot down past rising star park where a couple folks were catching fish. He mentioned that folks had murdered some gar and well it was buggie. Since we didn't really have a spot in mind we were off to find out where Robert was talking about. Thanks to Robert's great directions Dh and I found it right away.:crazy: No offense but DH tends to wonder off on directions and well Just give Robert a Hi Five Good Job! :big_smile:
    We fished first off down from where he suggested us go but only caught one baby channel and let it go to grow!
    So after a bit we went to the spot. DH and I fished maybe 30 minutes and he caught one good size keeper. I pulled in a really good size one and then DH pulled in the largest. We fished there even while it was raining. Picture this:eek:oooh: Me with jeans smeared with worm dirt and liver debree and of course my rubber boots:roll_eyes: and camo rain jacket and mud and rain every where. LOL Soaked bigtime. But hated to leave because lets face it fish were biting...:wink:
    When they slowed a bit DH and i moved down to a flooded road (I reckon) and the little one was caught.
    I was soaked to the bone and the rain was still going strong so i hoped in the van and let DH have it.I was tough really i was but the girl in me finally took over:embarassed: Mud and duirt rain and chicken livers with a bit of shad made me ripe!! LOL Well I must of smelled good to the skeeters and knats because as soon as the rain stopped they came after me.:eek:oooh: Never got eat up with knats and well going better prepared next time. I believe I will be able after the sweeling goes down my ears will look like ears again. DH says the redness will ease too.
    All I can say as we had a blast, Really THANKS ROBERT! knats skeeters whatever the fish were biting and I can't never seem to leave when that happens.

One time years back the chiggers eat me up but boy did I catch some fish.... But I did learn after that time not to sit on dead logs:tounge_out:

Attached Files:

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Not a bad looking mess of fish! Hopefully I can get down there and try out Rising Star myself sometime. We fished in the rain yesterday too. They was biting real good down past the ballparks at the bridge before the conservation center in regional park.

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hope ya'll don't get sick from being soaked to the bone and all them skeeter bites.

4. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well glad yall found the spot. And caught some fish ,glenda soory about the knats , but they do tend to get bad down on the river with all the rotton wood and such. I went today to the same spot and it dropped fast in the last couple of days, so the fish had lock jaw. i got one small channel and a two foot gar , but no knat bites. The trick to the knats is bounce laundry sheets, the knats cant stand them, just wipe them all over you and your good to go_Ok now its time for yall to put me on some fish :smile2: im not doing to good on my own spots lately

5. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    way to go ray and glen----when do we eat

6. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    You and Dh tend to fish the rough stuff I have plenty of calm cool places if ya just want a play day. Which ever ya prefer! LOL You really need to get up and set yourself up at Camp Robinson. It is way cool out there when ya just want some basic fishing. I love it there. But it takes three or four steps before ya are ready to fish. like getting a vistors pass, and going to another place to get a ok to fish card and car tag. Which of course can only be done during the daytime monday threw friday times. but after that you are good to go for two years! I can't remember the spelling but in the late months they stock Je-Lopy fish which are way fun to catch.
    Got to remember them dryer sheets next time. I tend to learn my leassons the hard way! LOL oh, well as long as we were catching I was not leaving knats or not! LOL

7. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    :eek:oooh:Timing Tall... timing You cant wait for a good day just do it . :smile2:Thank for the tip on fishing spot. We will hook you up anytime :wink: