DH Does it again tonite

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by akwolf41, Apr 22, 2006.

1. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Well Troops;

I was just talking to DH on his cell phone a few minutes ago when I heard the clicker on his rod take up this Great Sreaming noise we all love to hear. After a few minutes he got it to the boat and it was a 30# Blue Cat. Caught it on a live Gill. He is starting to make the rest of us look Bad. LOL I am sure he will be on here later giving us the specifics. And of course Pics.

Still Laffin;

Gene

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Gene. I ain't beleivin squat till I see a pic and then I will have my doubts. LOL! Bet he blacks out the back so no one can see where he is. LOL!

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Gene I bet he has Bryan's fish truck there. LOL
    And you can bet he will be bragging about it.
    Pete

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    It wont be the first time somebody yanked line off the spool to get attention.

5. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Just what I was thinkin Mark...LOL
    I have a feelin there is no tellin what DH will do at times!:haha:

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I heard it was a 3 pound pink catfish.:waaaht:

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    DH is on the phone right now. He just reeled in another 20 pounder on a live bluegill.

The elusive Flathead is still hard to target with the varying water and weather conditions.

Been hit and miss so far with flatheads this year. The time is changing soon.

Paul

8. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Awwwwwrighty then, you go get em buddy, way ta go. Congratulations Eric!!!

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on a gread day D.H..Paul I agree with you on the flatheads.

10. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Congrats on catching some good uns.

11. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Something sounds fishy to me..... lol

12. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You guys are not right..lmao Well tonight I hit the green river, are waters are up high right now and the green is up about 5-6 feet higher then its been, lots of trees floating down the river but the current is great about 4 oz gets you to the bottom of it. We went just for Flatheads tonight was set up on two fish sitting right smack on the bottom of the river in behind a tree, felt we might be looking at a couple of Flatheads. so we set up on them two fish, put on bluegill that I got today and sit back for the wait of the big one, (flathead) Gene had called earlier as we were heading out onto the river so I had told him I would call him back once I got set up, so I dialed his number and had been talking to him about 10 Minutes when I looked up and seen my pole bounce once real hard.

and then the pole bent all the way over and the drag took off screaming, I was sure I had the first flathead of the year and as I struggled to get the rod out of the holder, I locked the reel down and it was loaded all the way and I set the hook, All I could hear was Gene yelling at me did you get him ? LMAO and then the fight began, after a few seconds my line went limp and here he was headed right at the boat and when I caught up to him he was right underneath the boat, got him in the boat and he weighed in right at 30 # , he was a nice looking blue cat, this was the first blue cat I have caught on live gills, he took about a 8 inch sunfish gill as I call them. So I released the fish after pictures and set up again and tossed back out on the same spot. I finished up talking to Mean Gene and about twenty minutes later the same rod bent down and took off for the middle of the river, I locked down and he loaded it up and set the hook again brought in a 20# blue cat this one was very light colored and real pink fins on it, Like it had been in very deep water.

Both these fish were in 21 foot of water about the most shallow spot in that section of the river.but all in all had a very good night, Ryan had one hit about 5 feet off the bank tonight and took him to the middle of the river and he set the hook and had him for a few seconds but he got off. had one other hit and it didn't do anything else, but after we was done I scanned that tree again with no fish showing on it, so I am sure it was the two fish we had spotted earlier.

Here is a couple of photos:

Attached Files:

13. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Nice fish Mate!

14. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    DH, sounds like a good night........congrats.

15. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Congrats DH, nice fish. So what do you think, blues fight harder or flats? Not trying to start nothing just thought I'd ask while it's fresh on your mind.

16. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    WAY TO GO DH,I was thinking of going out fishing this morning, But I got to hit the road this afternoon, This sure gets the blood pumping.

17. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    DH you know by now that I love teasing you and picking on you, but all I am going to say this time is great job. Couple of nice fish for sure bro!

18. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Keep nailing them Eric, congrats.

Plz can you tell us all if you got a bigger scale yet?? ;)

19. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Nice fish DH thanks for the play by play!

20. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Baitkiller

Yes I got the new scale and I am very pleased with it, I have weighed everything I can that I know what the weight is and its right on the money.

RIP

I guess my feeling of this is that Flatheads seem to fight harder then blues, due to a couple of things, it seems the blues will give it all they got for the first few minutes or so depending on there weight and then they come to the top, where a flathead seems to stay down towards the bottom of the river and fight all the way to the end. now my two biggest blues did fight well, but I felt they gave up fighting also where a flathead seemed to keep on the bottom and fight alot longer, but this is just how I feel about it.

Cattledogz

If you didn't pick on me I would think your starting to no like me ..lmao