DFW tournament who going?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by ho_shi, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    FROM NOW ON I WILL REFER TO THIS AS THE

DFWACFT lol too much other stuff to do and type lol

If you are planing on attending we need to get a list of people, spouses, kids whatever/whoever is coming....

I relieze right now we got a lot up in the air as to who/what/when/where but this is coming together quiclky, will run the polls for about a month and then close them and get more final stuff going on..

I know that it will be ME of course and possible 3 teenage boys, they prob bank fish and the gf if she is willing lol she dont camp...

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Me and my fishing buddy will be their.

3. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    Myself and 5 others

4. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    myself and girlfriend

5. muddy waters

muddy waters New Member

State:
    texas
    im not the smartest guy but i didnt see any dates and location or time for such an event..... anyone can you help me???:crazy:

6. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas

We are just now starting to plan everything so we are still debating it,their is another thread with a poll to vote on timeframe.

7. fatfreddy

fatfreddy New Member

State:
    Texas
  8. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas

lookin to see how much room we need to get for a get together/ cookout/fishfry??

9. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Me and maybe 2 to 4 others.

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Guys, at this point, your killing yourselves. You should only need two threads about your gathering. One to determine where, the second to determine the when. Once you have that figured out, and pretty much set in concrete, then you start on the attendance, the food and the prizes. If the intent is a cash tournament your eliminating a good part of the brotherhood that won't join such a tournament or who can't afford to join one. It's best just to have a contest and award prizes for the biggest catfish and possibly the larges game fish irregardless of species, the largest non-game fish, and the smallest fish. Usually gatherings are to celebrate and make friendships that has a potential of lasting for years. There are some awfully darn good people on this site you would like to meet.

11. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    I agree with AwShucks. The main reason I would like to attend a gathering is to meet all the great folks and maybe do a little fishing. It would be great to be around that many folks with that much knowledge on the subject of catfishing.I just hope the date fits my schedule. I work three weeks on and three weeks off on the north slope of Alaska. Will support it even if I can't attend.

12. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    Keep those suggestions coming. Nothing is written in stone, right now we're looking for ideas on how to do this. A no money tourney sounds good too and I'm willing to donate some noodle jugs towards it. The primary purpose of this is to meet our members and fellow fisherman and have a good time. So all you people lurking out there speak up :wink:

13. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    It would be me and three others maybe four.

14. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    Hi, Guys i started this thread with the hope of getting together to meet fellow cat fisherman. That we only get to chat with online. get to shake some hands trade some stories, and hopefully learn some new tricks from others. Playing games is fine. Fishing tournament should be just a fun event, there are plenty of tournaments out there for people wanting to prove their abilities. Im here for the comaraderie and learning. I think after the tournament, people could exchange ideas and strategies of how and where they caught fish. Baits used, depth of water, type of structure fished, or anything else related. Make it into a real fun learning experience. As there are alot more experienced cat fishermen out there than i am. Just my thoughts on this gathering. thanks to all who have responded. and i will go with the majority vote.

15. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I totally agree here. Not everyone has a boat right now, and some never will. I think a tournament like this should be fun, not for money. Maybe whoever catches the biggest fish cleans all the fish for a fish fry. And maybe smallest fish gets a 15' rod. 9 times out of 10 people get too serious about things like this. Let it be fun. People that don't normally fish tournaments won't fish one if there is a fee. I don't fish tournaments,nor do alot of people. As far as food,why not make it a potluck. That works for alot of clubs and organizations. Just pick a lake and then decide on a weekend. The majority of people have been voting for tawakoni. So declare tawakoni the lake and concentrate on the time. Once thats decided, hand out responsibilities. I am willing to do alot since I live 9 miles from the lake. Lets get together and make this happen. Anyone wanna discuss this call me. My number is (903)413-2083. My name is mo, that might help.

16. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    Hey Mo, what do you think about members bringing extra fishing stuff with them and have a little swap shop or tail gate sell?

17. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    anyone out there can chime in about bringing extra fishing gear for a swap or tailgate sale at the gathering. Im sure everyone has something they would like to trade or sell. just a thought.

18. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I LOVE THAT IDEA. I HAVE A FEW THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO SWAP OR SELL. I HAVE ONE PARTICULAR REEL THAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET RID OF. IT COST $200 NEW, BUT IS GEARED TOWARD BASS FISHING. IDEAS LIKE THAT ARE GREAT, JUST TOO MUCH COMPETITION TENDS TO SCARE PEOPLE AWAY. THINGS LIKE SWAPPING OR SELLING ARE GREAT WAYS TO SHARE IDEAS, AS WELL AS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT FISHING. IN PAST YEARS, IN OTHER CLUBS AND WORK, WE'VE DONE THINGS LIKE BEST TECHNIQUE. BUT THATS MORE OF A WAY TO TEACH OTHERS THAN ACHIEVE AN AWARD. I FOR ONE WOULD LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT FLATHEADS. I HAVE ONLY CAUGHT 10 OR SO IN MY LIFETIME. ALSO, THINGS FOR KIDS SHOULD BE HIGH ON THE PRIORITY LIST. THERE'S NOTHING WORSE THAN BORING YOUR KIDS TO TEARS. WHEN WE FISH, I DON'T EVEN TAKE MY POLES. ITS ABOUT LEARNING, AND PASSING SOMETHING ON.