DFW Gathering OCTOBER

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by ho_shi, Jun 18, 2008.

What weekend in Oct

1. First weekend Oct 4th

2. Second Oct 11

3. Third Oct 18

4. Fourth Oct 25

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    when??? pick a weekend that works October seems to be the most prominant for cooler weather and seems to be when we wanna go

Poll will run for 60 days prob more then plenty time

AJ

2. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    I picked the first weekend but I can also make the second one as well. I work three weeks on the North Slope of Alaska and then am home three weeks. If the gathering is held either of the other weekends I will still support it in any way I can and will just hope to make the next one. I really like the idea of having one in Texas. Tried to make the one at Keystone but was down in my back. Doc said no sugery yet, thank goodness. Anyway guys and gals lets make this happen!

3. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    bump

i am good for anyweekend

4. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    Any weekend works for me also.

5. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    well i work every third weekend so the 18th is the only weekend i cant make. the other 3 are fine with me.

6. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Well, seems to be the same people answering the polls. There seems to be only a few serious about a gathering. Maybe we should try and get a small gathering for us few and come up with plans and details for a larger one in october. I am free every weekend, friday through sunday. I think if we met, we could really get something going, or else we sit and post replies online,as usual. If you're interested, lets pick a place. It doesn't have to be all weekend, maybe just an afternoon. Just a thought.

7. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    during the heat of the summer i have half the ppl at the wastewater plant working at the water plant (even i scheduled a cpl days) so summer is hard for me personally unless i know well in advance

8. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    bump

HAY I AM WORKIN ON A BASS TOURNAMENT FOR OCTOBER TO WE NEED TO GET THIS SET IN STONE LOL

i am the best for the first weekend wich seems to be the winner so far

when do we wana stop this poll and set everything more solidly!?!?!?

9. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Close the poll NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    POLL IS NOW CLOSED

WEEKEND OF OCTOBER 4TH SEEMS TO BE MOST PROMINANTE

HOPE TO SEE YALL THERE

AJ and the COOL GANG

11. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey, maybe its just an observation, but, Motard: is all you do is just complain about how no one is working as hard as you are to get things done? Perhaps i am just having a rough day and getting fed up with all the, "do this do that" mumbo jumbo, dude relax! when its 105 degrees, gas is real close to $4.00 a gallon, nobody is gonna drop what they're doing to make your wants a priority...as the forementioned RELAX!!! If the October gathering is going to be run with such force and domenering attitude count me out. If it is going to be a bunch of guys sitting around telling stories, fishing, and havin fun count me in.

12. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Maybe you should read the other threads. Like the dfw catfish gathering. There are a few of us that are working hard to get this going. Jedimanhunter,Capt295,Sigmar,hoshi,and myself are trying hard. Sometimes being a smart a$$ is a good way to motivate people. But then again,we could all be like you. Never say a word then jump into the middle of something and start poinitng out flaws. As I have said,numerous times,I am local. Therefore,I can and do as much leg work as possible. It's not easy for someone to arrange things if they have no idea what is around. So maybeyou should count this as a bad day. Chill out. Then come and join us. We'd love to have you.

13. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Just so I'm clear, it's the weekend of the Oct. 4th, at Wind Point Park at Tawakoni?

Are we getting the shelter?

And Mo, it's not unusual for shots to be taken at the person who is trying to organize an event and motivate the folks. I know people have bad days but it still never ceases to amaze me when criticism is aimed at someone who has volunteered to do something like this. I have seen it happen before. It can be a thankless job in some respects. However, I think as people get on board with this and the time gets closer, it will turn into a great event and that's the reward.
    Keep up the good work, bro!

14. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Thanks for the support. I know people always look to point fingers,it doesn't bother me. I know everyone can't devote alot of time or money to things like this. I am a lucky guy. I only work 4 days a week,at a good job,and right now have nothing else going on. Baseballs over,soccer hasn't started yet. It's also kinda fun.

15. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Hey fellas,
    I was way out of line, In my previous post. I was acting like a royal bass. Motard and all you guys are working your butts off to make this gatherin work and all i did was trash yall. I am very sorry. I hope i havent caused too much of a mess with being a hot head.

16. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    No worries, Wally. We all have bad days. :0a1:

Now I have to figure out how to get one of those 4 day work week deals at my job!

17. brother terry

brother terry New Member

State:
    texas
    hey guys new to posting on this forum just a busy guy but kinda interrested in the gathering...question are we fishing or just getting together for a fry and stories?

18. HUSKER77

HUSKER77 New Member

State:
    IRVING, TX
    I THINK WE ARE TRYING TO DO BOTH!

19. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    As far as I know,were gonna do alot of fishing and telling lies about fishing. Then hopefully catch enough fish to fry some up. Mainly just a time to fish and meet other members of the BOC. Hope to see you there.

20. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    MAN THIS SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!!! I will have to check with my Sons Football Sced, and Bow Season Starts that weekend too! BUT I will do my BEST to get my Son and I there!! People bringing boats, fryers, propane??? WHAT????? I have a NEW Fryer , and the old 85 Bass Tracker I can bring! Just let me know if I can help from down this way!

Andy:wink: