DFW AREA (New Intro)

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by ggoytia, May 26, 2007.

1. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    Good Morning All,
    New to the area and new to freshwater fishing (well when I was 6 years old count?) Anyway I just found out about this website from a magazine I just picked up from Bass Pro Shop last week and have been going thru it with a fine tooth come now Ican maybe catch something other then either a SKUNK (nothing at all) or a small ch. cat. I fish out of a kayak and have had a little luck in grapevine and a little place on Eagle Mountain. Will have my sonar set up on my yak this weekend and hopefully I can start looking for more areas to fish. Well I just wanted to say hello and I will be bombarding you guys with dumb questions and hopefully posting some results!

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC,mighty glad to have ya,Brother!! We're all family here!:big_smile:

3. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Gus,
    Welcome to the Metroplex. There's a wealth of knowledge on this site. If the magazine you bought was Catfish Now, then you made a great choice. The magazine is now called Catfish Gold (beginning with the June issue). I spend a lot of time fishing and teaching others how to catch catfish on Lake Lewisville. Feel free to post questions or shoot me a PM if you need some information or tips on putting a few catfish in the boat.

4. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    welcome to the boc gus...you made a great choice....we are proud to have you with us.

5. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    Thank you all for the warm welcome!
    My kayak is ready to go so if your evr in the area feel free to shot me a pm.
    Bobby-catfishing I did pick up Catfish Now and hopefully my order goes though on time.I will be send you a pm when I get a chance for tips on maybe catching something out in Lewisville!
    Once again thank you all for a warm welcome!

6. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC.

7. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Howdy Gus, and welcome to the BOC... I think you're gonna like it here!

8. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Welcome to BOC!
    Joe

9. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas