DEX-COOL CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by nitronostrils, Mar 30, 2008.

1. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
  2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Thanks for that information.
    On a 97 blazer there has been
    2 upper and lower intake gaskets put on it.
    1 heater core and fixing to take a sludged radiator out of it.

Yep, I believe I would like to claim a little of that expense back considering the gasket replacements run anywhere from 550.00 -800.00 around here.
    The one dealership I talked to never would give me a firm price. Just an around 1200.00 price.

3. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Its about time something happens.I worked on Oldsmobiles and as soon as the warranty was up we always suggested flushing the entire system with a backflush and replace with regular anti-freeze.

That orange stuff was crap.I started to by a 2002 Sonoma but passed on it all because of the Dex-Cool and the orange sludge in the coolant resevior.

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Great! I'm on the second motor on an Pontiac Montana - intake gasket went on engine #1 and dumped coolant into the crankcase - and the "new" motor has had the intake gasket replaced on it as well. Whether it's the Dex-Cool or not anything new will be non-GM. Until FoMoCo hoses me over, then I'll switch to something else:smile2:

5. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I can attest to the poor characteristics of dex-cool. I worked in a g.m.dealer for some time. we had cars coming in with 60,000 miles on them and the coolant was grease! I used to get so peeved when I could'nt get the writers to sell the customer a coolant flush. I argued it's better to admit that the coolant does'nt last 100,000 miles, and get it flushed out. than to let it develop into engine damage later. They never listened.......

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Cuts both ways - most of us are so used to trying to be sold stuff that we may not need a lot of people probably wouldn't have taken the advice to get it done, me included.:embarassed:

Reps to ya for looking out!