Dewy Lake

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kycatman84, Jun 26, 2007.

1. kycatman84

kycatman84 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I hope some one can help me out.. I went over to jenny wiley park today asn saw a guy fishing the spill way right where the water runs out into that cement box with the pillers in it. Any one thats been over there knows what im talking about, well he was up on top fishing over the fence witch must be a 20 ft drop to the water. I saw him catch a baby flat head and a rock bass and just pull them up but he said that when he hooks a big fish he has to try to walk around it and down to the spill way to fight the fish witch looks like a hard feet.. so here is my queastion... to any one who knows where im talking about, have you fished it and how whould i go about doing it without being 20 ft above the water?? he said he has pulled a 40lb flat out of that little hole. Also just on the other side of the hill where the spill way comes out is the main dam i think, has any one ever fished there? if so what was your location and is there cats there?? thanks

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Here a few Picture of it :big_smile: Went camping there couple weekends ago but didnt fish.

Attached Files:

3. kycatman84

kycatman84 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hey cherokee... yep thats the hole, Its hard to belive that there are so many fish in that little place but there is.. I saw a carp that must have went 30lbs swiming in there..

4. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    HArd to belive but it happens:eek:oooh:

5. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Ive fished that spot more times than I can count:wink: Trout fishing when they stock, white bass when they run and carp just for fun:big_smile: Me and my wife caught 8 nice channels from that spillway one day two years ago. Its full to the bream with carp:eek:oooh: When I fish it I walk down and set on the rocks. Its not as bad or rough as it looks. Also I did see a 36lb flathead caught there about 10 years ago.