Dewy lake spill way.

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tugrivercater, Jul 10, 2006.

1. tugrivercater

tugrivercater New Member

State:
    ky
    has any one ever fished the spill way at dewy lake? the part im talking about is right infront of jenny wiley state park.. right where the water runs into it it looks very deep in that hole but not sure how deep then it shellows up. any one in east ky know if there are some cats in there?

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I fish that spill way alot, ive caught maybe one channel out of there in my whole life, but I catch alot of bluegill, and bass in there, and theres some pretty big Shad ive caught too, I say there in there right where the water is real swift, its pretty deep, but its hard to catch anything cause there is so many monster carp that swims around.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    If you want to get into some nice catfish go up there to Yatesville, the catfish are just now getting off the nest, and you can run into some skools of catfish right now. My uncle went up there and caught a shovel head fishing with a live blue gill on bottom, im going to make a trip up there one day this week, right now i got a pulled muscle in my calf so im on here till it heals.

4. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Last year me and my wife were carp fishing in there and caught about 12 nice channels. Only time in 25 years of fishing it off and on that Ive caught any ammount of cats in there. Nice little spot to fish if you want to just have fun and catch a lot of fish.

5. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    I forgot therer was a guy I knew in the early 90's that caught a 44 pound flathead in that spill way. It was in the Floyd county times.