Dewey Lake

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by katfish ken, Oct 7, 2008.

1. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    EKY Hunter ( Parker )and I are planning on going to Dewey on Thursday or Friday or both if the fishing is good. We are planning on targeting Mr. Flattie. We are going to be fishing whatever structure we float across. Hopefully we will have a good report to bring back with photos of some good flat heads. We are planing on fishing live gills cut skippies and shad. We are going to be floating gills just above stumps and standing timber. Fishing deep and shallow around steep drop of near crappie attractions.. Any ideas on fishing a lake in the fall will be appreciated..

2. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    ithink you have it well in hand. good luck to you both. you should do good.:cool2:

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    How'd it go ?

4. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    Didnt get to go , Ken had to go to Lex. for Dr. appointment. Had to re-schedule

5. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    Guess what everyone you can almost walk on water at Dewey right now because the weeds are so thick. Has anybody noticed if the water has started to turn yet .

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    If they are floating to the top I'd say it is starting to turn. T he temp and weather is about right for it. I'll have to go check it out. If it is the fishing is getting ready to IMPROVE:wink::smile2::tounge_out:

7. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    I dont know if it is doing that yet or not but the weeds are getting alot worse.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck with Mr Flattie and make sure you give us a good report

9. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Will do Shane. This lake is home for Me and Parker.. We'll be sure and keep ya posted..

10. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    Has anyone been to Dewey lately . I was wondering if it has turned over?

11. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    hey ken do you guys ever bank fish dewey my grandpa used to take us when we were kids we always caught something:wink:

12. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    Yea that is what I usually do since I dont have a boat. Ken has one but I havent been on it yet. I have banked fish Dewey for as long as I can remember and always done good except for this year because of the weeds. Dewey has always been a good place to bank fish.

13. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    hey if you guys decide to bank fish it let me know:smile2:have pole will travel:wink:

14. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    We are planning an expedition on the lake for 10-30-08. I put a hydro-foil on my boat motor and want to see how much it helps. Well ya shouldn't go out on the lake in a boat without fishing poles and bait. That's my opinion :wink: I have always wanted to get on Dewey when there are no jet-skis or pleasure boaters out on it. I think this is the ideal time to do it. the cats should be feeding up for winter and I think we are in for one heck of a trip.:wink::smile2: Later this year once they pull the lake down to winter pool. I figure on fishing from the bank as a person will be able to access areas that ya can't get to when it's at summer pool. I will have the camera loaded for documentation of these trips when I go.

15. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    is it thursday yet?

16. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    The lake is still constipated on weeds. Was motoring along right buy the weed line in one place depth finder was reading 18' . there is weed that are at least 17' thick top to bottom.
    WE DID NO GOOD AT ALL...

17. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    thats a lot of weeds that will teach ya you should have came here to fish.:wink:

18. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Parker and I are off to Dewey again today. If we keep looking we will surely find fish in this hole of water.

19. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck be safe !

20. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    They are out there somewhere , just got to find them