Devils Elbow

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jazper, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    I'm heading out there saturday nite to land me a big one (I hope).

If you see a red sonoma truck thats me. Stop by and say hello.

Ill post back here after the weekend to let you know how I did.

2. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    wheres devils elbow at

3. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Fishassasin, this Devils Elbow is on Lake Barkley in western Ky. The Cumberland River Runs through Lake Barkley and at Devils Elbow you can reach the river channel from the bank. We have caught blues in the 20-30lb range and I have seen some 40+lb blues caught there.

4. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    I pass right by Devil's Elbow on the way home from work, if they didn't beat me down too much I might stop and say hi for a min.

5. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Cool deal. Please do.

6. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Well, I got to the site (never fished it before) and set up camp. Great place for CAMPING.

We got 6 fish total, 2 catfish (small ones). I found out that the channel that runs through the area does NOT come that close, so I was unable to get to deeper water. Oh well, It was a lot of fun.

I did loose one. And I had another break 15 lb test line. The two that got away.

Oh yea, My girlfriends Purple pole, got the only two catfish. She is rubbing it in my face. :) I'm glad she got them :)

7. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Here is a map of where I went. I stayed in the red circle and usually stay at the green one. Due to the channel that runs through for the barges.

Oh and FYI, The two catfish that was got was got on Chicken liver. I cought the others, carp, on whole shad. Had stinkbait shad and liver, got bites on all.

Attached Files:

8. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Where you got the green circle drawn is where we fish, right across from the island. As you walk to the water look to your right, there is a big log(you can see where we cut firewood off it) just past that log about where the shore starts to curve into the bay you can hit deeper water fairly easy. There's mostly a good many channel cats there. The bigger blues mostly are caught out in the edge of the channel, you got to heave it pretty good but you can hit the channel from shore.

9. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    That is where I usually go, awesome place.. water is low so bank is down.. but yea can reach the channel.