Devil's Elbow Fishing Depths and Rigs

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by boswifedeb, Jan 8, 2010.

1. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    This one is for all you guys that fish Devil's Elbow (hope it opens back up by spring!). What type of rig do you usually use there, and do you fish different rods at different levels? Also, what depth seems to produce the most?

Thanks. I'm looking forward to your answers!

2. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I use a three way rig. I try to put one out in the edge of the channel, and another on the old road bed that runs thru there. Reaching the channel from shore is a pretty long cast, so a longer rod will help. I can make it with an 8ft rod but it is a hard throw. The road bed and the ditch beside it do produce some nice catfish and stripers too.

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I usually fish 3 rods. 1 Rod up close and 2 rods as far out in the channel as I can get it.

4. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Thanks, guys. When Bo and I go there, we usually fish 3 apiece, like what you said John. But everytime I try the three way rig, I get a massive tangle. I'll just have to keep trying.

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sometimes at Devils elbow...I use a carolina rig. Not much twisting there.

6. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    That's what Bo and I usually run. Every once in a while I get a wild hair and decide to try something else that I've heard about on here, but I seem to have better luck with the Carolina. Thanks for the advice guys. I've got cabin fever BAD!