Devastated at the news

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Cattledogz, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Boy, talk about feeling like I was hit with a ton of bricks....
    Just minutes of getting back on BOC I heard about the loss of Phillip (Deltalover) and I am devastated as I am sure many of you are.

He was one hell of a man and I was so looking forward to getting to meet him. He was always so positive, level headed, courteous, and possessed lots of wisdom and had good insight. I loved exchanging messages with him and loved reading all his posts.

I know that he is in the best of all places smiling down on us all and would not want us sad and mourning, but it still weighs heavy on my heart.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all his family and friends.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thoughts and prayers are sent for sure. Phillip was a great man and the BOC will not be the same without him.

3. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    We are all feeling the loss, and praying for Phillip's family.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I'm sorry to have been the one to break the news to ya Barb.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Barb.....sorry you had to come back on such a sad day. We've all been trying to get our heads around this since yesterday. It's just so sad to see such a positive force GONE. What WE can do is continue to spread his memory and his message, because that can only make the BOC even better."I will sail my vessel.....till the river runs dry....like a bird upon the wind.....these waters are my sky.....I'll never reach my destination.....if I never try.....so I will sail my vessel......till the river runs dry." RIP Phillip.

6. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for the thought Tony, but it was Mutt that told me.
    We will all miss Phillip, but I know he is now fishing with the best of them.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I just found out about this, at this point I really don't know what to say, I really thought a lot of him, and talked to him in the chat room a few times. I will miss him.:sad2:

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    This subject is a true testament to why the BOC is so special to me as a web site and a place where we can call eachother family. I said yesterday in a post that I never knew brother Phil as some members here did. Still though, I can honestly say that I truely feel a sense of loss...I dont know how quite to explain this but, I have always been very leary of excepting friendship from people due to a lack of trust that I have developed over the years of my life. I am always wondering what folks are thinking when they look at me as a person. Are they forming an opinion of me based on the color of my skin? They way I talk? the uniform that I wear? Here on this site though, I feel a genuine sense of acceptance. I can honestly say that this place really feels like an extended family. So when I call someone brother or sister here, I realy mean it. Brother Phil will be sorely missed. I know that our heavenly father has something greater planned for him and that it is time for him to come home. I just pray that we can all get through this time with as little hurt as possible and my prayers continue to go out to his family (BOC and immediate). God bless.

9. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Yeah it was a blow. Guess God was ready for a great fishing partner. GOD Bless!!!

10. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Each and everyone of us that has had the pleasure of intteraction with Phil and the ones that have not but have read his posts or even his blog are all going to grieve in one way or another. I do say prayers for everyone to heal over his passing and to hold him dear to thier hearts. I send to our brother Bert here on the BOC and to Phils wife Debi and his family my most sincere heartfelt condolences on losing a great friend father and husband. Like I have said before Bert if there is anything dont hesitate to call me. May the Doog Lord shine his love down on Phils family and his buddy Bert and lift them up in this sad time.