Despicable Profile Sponsor? your opinion please

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Backlashed, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    While browsing through the forum I noticed this "Link Removed" as a profile sponsor WHY??? This has to be one of the most unsportsmanlike methods of taking fish I have ever seen. The people using it, wont even show their faces. Why would the BOC even be associated with someone like that?
    Not all of us will agree on the kinds of methods used, but I think we'll all agree this is not fishing. In my opinion ITS THEFT.

Sorry if this aint in the right place. Rant over

2. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Profile sponsor? Not sure what you mean. Could you post the link to where you saw it at on the forum?

3. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    When you click on a members name it take you to their profile,. On the right side of the profile page is a box that say profile sponsor at the top.
    Evidently its a revolving list, because now under the same persons profile, it has Progressive Insurance as the sponsor.

4. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Those are ads put on here by Google. Not sure how it all works.

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    I am sure most realize "paul" doesn't select those ads. :roll_eyes:

6. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    It may not be something the BOC staff has any control over. I hope not, I'd hate to think we could be affiliated with them.

7. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    It's like magic, I was in the middle of writing you an email about this and you appear :smile2:

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I read an article about these things being used by biologists when they are studying cats and tracking the ones that are already tagged. I can see it as an effective tool for them but not for someone calling themself an angler.

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Two groups use similar tactics around here. The biologists and the meat sellers. It is HIGHLY illegal to use these methods in South Carolina waters. Crooks around here use the old ringer type telephones with chains on the wires. I wouldn't advise getting caught with any such contraption, but they "ring 'em up" all the time around here, and sell the meat. Was at the river two weeks ago, and a crook was braggin' about his catches with this method. Kinda sickening, but you'll have these types.
    BB in SC

10. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    hey paul think we could use that to get some shad????:wink:

11. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I know that this is against the wildlife code to use this type of device in the state of Kansas, and I would bet money that it is outlawed all 50 states. Kind of like dynamite would be too. The only people allowed to use electricity would be the wildlife biologists. I can't believe what people get away with selling. I'm a pretty easy going guy, mild mannered and certainly not someone to pick fights. But I just don't know what I would do or what would happen if I saw someone out on the water using this or something like this.