Desperate times for Dink.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Nightprowler, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    We know this year has been horrible for fishing and it seems we have been invaded by the turtles and dink is no exception to this problem.Well I finally talked dink into fishing but under one condition we had to use bait that them turtles would'nt grab.You're not gonna believe what we fished for so I took some photo's.

Attached Files:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My god man, you are a genius!!! I also have been invaded by turtles on my river, heck they are coming up right to my cooler and lifting the lid and helping themselfs to my shad....From now on it's 10 -lb carp for me.

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    LOL...you guys are a hoot!!!:wink: So tell me....do you guys use a "special" turtle hook or what?????:confused2::big_smile:

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    guys i forgot how fun carp were! also just grab a box of Wheaties and go, no "hours" of hunting bait and hiking to spots! im seriously thinking about selling all my cat gear and going all out on modern carp tackle:crazy: who's up for a carp tounament?:tounge_out:

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Great catch Dink!! And a great picture to boot! It's been three weeks since I got out fishing and i'm going sooooon!!

6. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Hey Dink, why not just use your cat tackle, you can always use it for more than one kind of fishing. I'm thinking about throwing out one pole for cats then one for carp and one for bait. Heck can't catch many cats so could use a little more excitement when I'm out. It's been so slow, I use to say, Here kitty kitty, now it's just here fishy fishy.

7. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I hear you man, I'm about to jump ship myself. Got plenty of carp waters around here to try. :lol:

8. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Hey,
    Their fish and they pull and fight. No problem from me. Another way to look at it is I hear they make really good catfish bait. Just keep a few, fillet them and then freeze them. I hear it's pretty good bait.

9. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yea, Carp are a blast to catch. If catfish are being lazy I set up one pole for carp, bound to get a fight one way or the other. NICE FISH, DINK At least they don't try to bite your fingers off.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Man, count us in. I just got 5 5000 series Abu's, so I'm game.

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    All those new reels and had no tackle tonight......Amazing!! LMAO

12. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    if carp are the only fish biting then hand me some strawberry pop and wheaties. do they have carp tournaments for real? if so that would be AWESOME

13. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Nightprowler, if you take me to the spot your boy cast netted that 15+ pounder, I'd be all about the carpin. I haven't tryed fishing for carp, besides bait, in probably 10 years. Me and my brother say every year we are going to have a bunch of people down at his place for and all day carp tournament and party. It is still yet to happen though.

14. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    Carp are a lot of fun to fight. The key is not to touch them once you land the slimy critters. That stink stays with you a while.