Des Moines Bridge Fishing

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by FLATHEAD STEVE, Jan 14, 2008.

1. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    ANYONE GOING TO BE FISHING DES MOINES BRIDGES THIS YEAR?

2. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Bridges...in Des Moines? I fish them often in the spring, summer, and fall. Downtown is my favorite place to go.

3. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I WILL SEE YOU IN A COUPLE MONTHS LOL.. WHICH BRIDGE? I LIKE SE 6TH

4. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    how do you fish off the bridges and how do you land your fish??? ive never fished off bridges that big...is that pretty good flathead fishing up there??

5. catfish33

catfish33 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good luck catching your little fish this year flathead steve

6. Ahquabi_Master

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I do a couple - Grand and Scott Street mainly. You get a long rope attached to a big net to land em, though it can prove to be a big big challenge. I remember wanting to fish the bridges and thinking of a brilliant idea of tying a long rope to a hoop with a net in it and taking it out to a bridge in Des Moines only to find that every one and their grandma had already thought of the idea. It helps, beyond words, to have a partner when trying to reel in a hog and having to man your net.

7. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Hey Matt you must not know how to fish bud i pull multiple 40#+ every year and the bridges are my second hand spot.......what you got boy?

8. deadweight_sinkersho

deadweight_sinkersho New Member

State:
    Iowa
    steve i fish the bridges all the time here in dsm , are ya want some one to go with ?????? if so gimme a call 515 244 1348 :big_smile:

9. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    yes sir i could always use a little more company Eddie, i will generally start in mid April. I work second shift so if your up for a little late night catfishin I will sure give you a call

10. deadweight_sinkersho

deadweight_sinkersho New Member

State:
    Iowa
    went out on grand last night and HEARD that some kid nailed a 50 pounder from the wall between grand and center street, but any who gimme a call and well shoot the breeze.. peace:wink: 515 244 1348, or anone lookin fer a fishin pal gimme a call

11. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I fish the bridges with Aqhuabi_Master a lot

I will be doing a lot of evening fishing this year... Shoot me a message!!!

12. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Ok well im in for some Bridge fishing i get of work at 9:30 can be downtown in 5 minutes give me a shout when you all are going ........ 720-8718

13. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    good luck when you go hope you catch some

14. fishndad30

fishndad30 New Member

State:
    sigourney ,iowa
    how is the shad around the dams(center&scott)?any size to them?any shad at easterlake spill?

15. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I have been netting at center street 5 times already and not one shad. just carp drum an walleye, I think it will be at least another month before they surface. and thats going off my little journal from last year.

16. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Anyone going to be on the bridges this week ???

17. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I WILL BE GOIN EVERY DAY THIS WEEK RAIN OR SHINE! I WORK SECOND SHIFT SO I WONT BE ON THE BRIDGES TILL ABOUT 11:30 PM.. BEEN TEARIN UM UP!!!

18. Ahquabi_Master

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Went out to Scott Street today and fished for a couple hours. I had a left over chub in the freezer and instantly caught a 2 to 3 pound channel on that. Then I caught about a 6 pound carp and filleted it, catching two more 2 to 3 pound channels off of the chunks of that. All in all it was ok. I can't wait till the live bait starts setting 'em off. It was nice to hear my clicker again. Let me know how you all are doing out there. Later.

19. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I have been slaughtering the channel cats too, they all seem to be 3-4-5 lb so far..... I think its gonna be a great year... I have hooked some flathead already but nothin big....5lbers.... Its still early,

20. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Bait ? what are you using?