Depthfinder help

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by foodsaver, May 18, 2006.

1. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The boat I just got came with a Hummingbird PTM 120 Platinum ID depth finder and I was getting some odd readings well it turns out the transducer is cracked and Hummingbird doesn't make them anymore. Anyone out there that has a busted depthfinder like this one that wouldn't mind making me a deal on the transducer speak up PLEASE! I really thought I wasnt going to have to funnel money into my boat but I was wrong!
    Thanks Guys
    Craig

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    you can get a nice new depth finder at dicks, or walmart for right around 100.00....Dicks has a colored depth finder for 109.00..thats real cheap, i think im going to get one of those, if i do i will have 2 humminbirds for sale.

3. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    try e-bay, i'll bet you can find a used one cheap. i bought my new on it, and see lots of used parts.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I would check and see what other models use the same one. Most times theres more than one model that uses the same one.
    Pete

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!:lol:

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Definetly ebay. There is a place there you can list exactly what you want, and they'll come to your door, instead of you weeding through several hundred/thousand posts trying to find one.

7. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Craig, my first boat came with a platinum ID 120 also. It still remains my second favorite unit out of four. I wish I hadn't let it go with the boat. I would definately look on ebay for a transducer. If your unit works for you as well as mine did you will be glad you have it. Vern