Depth/Fish Finder

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TDShelley, Dec 7, 2008.

1. TDShelley

TDShelley New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I need to buy a depth/fish finder for my boat. I'm just getting into catfishing on the Green and Ohio Rivers in the Henderson Ky area. Any recommendations on the best product?

Thanks in advance.
    Tim

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    first welcome to the boc... i am right across the bridge from you in evansville.. how much money are you wanting to spend on a unit? i am sure we can steer you in the right direction .. you need to try to get atleast a 4000watt unit but that will run around $400 so it really depends on how much cash you want to spend... what kind of boat do you have?

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Tim,
    Welcome to the asylum!
    There are all kinds of resources here and a good bunch of guys in your area. Like Adam said, what kind of budget do you have...W

4. TDShelley

TDShelley New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Money isn't that much of an issue. I learned a long time ago you get what you pay for. As for the boat, it's not your typical fishing boat. It's a 22' Chapparal with a 350 ci inboard. Before you start laughing, it's comfortable, i can get up and walk around, if the catfish ain't biting, i can anchor down, crawl in the cuddy and take a nap, or pull the anchor up and go skiing :smile2:

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    nothing wrong with that!! i am building a 21ft sylvan right now to fish out of!! there are so many to chose from if you give a price range we will have a place to start... mine is a humminbird 997 cost near $2000 but i really like the lowrance i just sold and onld paid $400 for it but they are 2 completely different units.. do you want side imaging and gps or just a good 2d fishfinder ? i know its alot of questions but you have a lot of options!!!

6. TDShelley

TDShelley New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I don't know a lot about them to tell you the truth. What I want is something that is gonna help me locate fish for under $1000. The Ohio and Green rivers are big places to just go out and drop a hook and hope for the best. Fishing is fun, but catching is even better :wink: