depth/fish finder

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by DTSB, Feb 7, 2008.

1. DTSB

DTSB New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't have much room on my center console, does any one have a suggestion on the right size of finder and whether it should be color or grey screen.

2. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Thats a tough question mate. Really depends on a few things.
    First being how much do you want to spend. Color is the way to go for many but its a bit more expensive.
    With Ram mounts you can do a lot as far as mounting a depth finder and having lots of flexibility. I use a couple on my consol.
    I would shop around to see what you like. Then I would see if any of my mates would be willing to take me out and show me what and how they use it....
    After that I would then start a serious mission to find what I like.
    Good luck
    Larry

3. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Larry gave some good advice. Even a very simple fish finder will help a lot. I have used Humminbirds in the $150 to $200 range for years with no problems. I also use black and white screens because they do not use as much power. I fish from a kayak so conserving my battery is important...

4. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Your fishfinder is a CRITICAL part of your set-up, so here's my take on it! Get the BEST fishfinder that you can afford! Huminbird makes several units that are compact and good units! I have both, color and "greyscale" but, I prefer color! :wink: