depth and time of day

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by wtjordan84, Jul 28, 2009.

1. wtjordan84

wtjordan84 New Member

State:
    NC
    just wondering how deep you guys have been catching most of your fish and also at what time of day....for me ive been catching most of my channels in 5-15 feet of water and the blues seem to be coming around 25-30 feet...as far as flatheads i cant ever seem to catch them so you tell me.......also i seem to have most of my luck right before it gets dark and for the next couple of hours then it dies down. Then it seems like it picks back up from about 5 in the am to 10 am when the sun starts getting high. Also wondering, do catfish need less O2 to survive than other fish? Seems like they tend to spend more time below the thermocline than most other species....Looking forward to hearing what some of you guys have to say

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Are you going to be bank fishing, drifting or are you going to anchor down? Tell us that and we will take it from there.

3. wtjordan84

wtjordan84 New Member

State:
    NC
    any and all of the above. hahah, i love any kind of fishing. but lately ive been experimenting with drifting quite a bit....i just put some more rod holders on my boat to make it more suited for this type of fishing. but if i drift for a while and dont catch anything, then I will anchor down. thanks
    tight lines