dept of wildlife # on setline tags

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by mcseal2, Jul 7, 2009.

1. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    In Kansas our wildlife and parks dept has started issuing everyone a # that is used on everything from your fishing license to your deer tag, like a social security number for their computers. I wondered if anyone was using just this # to tag lines instead of writing out your whole name and address. I asked one game warden about it and he said it wasn't in the regs yet so he couldn't speak for everyone but he liked the idea. He said they can run that # on a device they carry much easier than calling in a name to their office. I figure if it gives them what they need, and much easier to write out with a dremel, it should be fine. Just wondered if anyone else had done it or caught static for it.

Thanks

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Email Pratt, they should tell you if it is OK, then keep a copy of the email with you . sounds like a good idea to me to use the # on tags.

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I do both because I would rather have too much info than not enough. It would be nice to only use the number. Would keep all the bass fishermen from tracking me down and slashing my tires.