Depression has set in.............

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Big Sam, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well 1st thanks to all that have sent messages wondering why i haven't been fishing & posting!!!! I am alive....:tounge_out: but i am BOATLESS:sad2: Had to turn in my 20/72 to return to springfield for repairs or replacement...she was coming un-glued...not good... 4 completely broke welds...4 more cracked welds, 2 cracked panels, 12 missing rivets, 45gallon livewell down & out & a $%@#$^! partridge in a pear tree!!!!!! So i am Bumming "boat rides till who knows when...yes depression has set in:0a30:!!!

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Bummer. I'm not sure if there are any support groups to get a man through these times or not:confused2: Wait, i heard of a place called the BOC.
    Hope they get it welded back and get ya runnin soon. Mean time use johnnys boat.:wink:

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Dang Sam, I feel for ya. Sounds like BP needs to do a little re-engineering. You've had that thing in the shop a few times already over broken welds if I remember. Hope you can get it worked out or they give you a full refund. Is there a lemon law for boats? Third time in for same repairs I think it is for cars.

Good luck Buddy!

4. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Come on over to the Bluegrass state and will grab a Jar and go bank fishing.

5. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Wish ya lived around here! My boat ALWAYS has an open seat in it!

6. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    WOW! Sounds like you're lucky you even made it back to the ramp after your last trip. The fish really aren't biting anyway and you're not missing much if that makes you feel better. Just don't read my reports under the Team Catfish thread.

7. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Sam just c'mon and go with us to Pendleton the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd. There will be plenty of room for ya. A good trip with a lot of brothers is what you need to get ya over that depression.

8. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Thanks John!!!:smile2: Sounds like a plan to me use Johnny's toon..He needs to get the dust off it anyway!!!!

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is quite interesting. thanks for the post

10. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    I,m trying to go today with rc boat. yesterday they opened up flood gates
    about 7 oclock. Maybe they wont do this today. Man caught 22 yesterday
    morn jugging in the hole. I guess if they open flood gates I can drift fish.
    Your welcome to come along just call me:smile2:

11. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Got honey-do stuff later today:wink::eek:oooh: But i may hitch up with ya real-soon BB real soon!!!! Also late breaking news on the boat after "expressing" my concerns to the Tracker president about my boat sitting useless at the dealer & dealing with this defect since January of this year:crazy: there is a truck on the way to get her today!!!! Yes i will call them daily when they get it & log my contacts just in case.....like i already have been doing:wink:

12. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Dang Sam, Seems to me they would replace your boat if it wont stay welded up, Sounds like somethin wrong with the metal. I hope you get it sorted out. Tracker you say..........

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    The open arms of the BOC always amaze me. :big_smile:

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    fruit jar?:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:Wide mouth, er rgular:crazy:

15. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Big Sam is that a Tracker? I got a little Tracker Grizzley welded boat from BP 4 yrs ago and had no problems or leaks. It sounds like they need to give you a replacement. I thought these welded boats were bulletproof against those kind of problems, but what do I know. Good luck, and hang in there.

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    They should have already replaced this boat before now. This bunch is a pretty sorry bunch to this point as far as standing behind their product. The first attempt from the dealer was a pretty botched up effort. They re-welded the breaks and then when they re-painted the new spots stuck out like a sore thumb. 1st trip out the welds were re-breaking in the same spots and has steadily gotten worse each trip. Sam's boat is a grizzly 2072 and we won a grizzly 1860 earlier this year. Due to the problems Sam has had with his boat I decided I didn't want anything to do with the boat and sold it back to the dealer. Sam, hopefully they will do the right thing and replace the boat this time. Meanwhile we will knock the dust off the toon and hit kerr to give ya a fix :smile2:. Or we can pile in with bait boat and let him drag our baits up in the gates with the rc boat:cool2:.

17. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I have made it through the shakes & hallucinations of withdrawls:eek:oooh::tounge_out: It was tough......dont like being with out my boat even if it is @#$%$#!!!! We will see if Tracker marine stands behind there products....this rain will cool the water off a little might get the blues out of "suspension" for a while...

18. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Yes Smellycat it's a Tracker 2072 Grizzly custom cat edition....Gas tank in the front & that is where she's coming loose:eek:oooh: I guess i got the only one that is defective.... But most big aluminum cat boats around here are Sea-ark, G3, express or F & F......... I guess i should have got one of them..

19. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Hey Big SAm I saw your boat sittin outside at the dealer fri afternoon
    I went in there for a motor price Went jugging sat morn caught 7
    Largest about 7lbs ,Caught 5 of them on rod the jugs didnt do to good
    Went yesterday afternoon up stream with 5 jugs 2 rods caught 8.
    all on rods one close to ten and afew fiddlers. Might order the boat this week. I think this boat thing is getting to me:roll_eyes:

20. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Sam sorry to here about your bad luck .:sad2: Sounds like people are offering a seat to get you through . Hope your boat or replacement boat will be out soon !