Deployment crap has started.....

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by CBurns87, Dec 29, 2009.

1. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    Well tonight i was sitting on the couch, kids are in bed, and what happens....someone breaks into my house...yes they tripped over Wyatts high chair and trash can, then took off out the door. By the time i was able to get up and to my kitchen they were gone. I called the MPs and of course they came out and said there was NOTHING they could do. How the HELL can they not do ANYTHING??? Is there no such thing of driving around the area making sure no one is walking around and what not. So here i am sitting here with my kids in my house, no husband around, someone that apparently knows that my husband is gone, and who broke into my house and they say they cant do anything...is there something wrong with that picture to anyone else??? I cant wait to get off the stupid post and move to Topeka and back into my house. Where i know that i wont have to deal with the stupid MPs saying they cant do anything someone just broke into my house!!!!

So now next time i talk to Jeff, i am straight up telling him i am buying a pistol and he cant tell me no!!

Sorry about ranting in the room, needed to get it out though! Thanks

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Cheyenne you rant away if you want to after what happened. takes a real slimeball to do what that person did. and if you are familiar with and capable with a pistol then i would get one then. sad state of affairs when you aren't safe on base. glad to hear you and the little one are ok.

3. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    If you can not get a hand gun get a 20ga or 12ga. And get OO buck shot go to the range and learn to shoot it. Buck shot will go threw a door or wall to get them. A shotgun is easy to point and fire for anyone old or young. Best home defense weapon. Stay safe!

4. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    Oh i have my husbands double 12 guage shotgun sleeping with me now!! And about 10 minutes ago i had something bang against my front door, but i dont want to call the MPs cause they wont do shit about it. Just make me spend 15 minutes filling out paperwork for them to do nothing. So if someone does try again...they will have a double barrel in their face!! Though it might knock me on my ass after i shoot it, as long as i hit my target i wouldnt care at that point!

5. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    If you are not proficient with a pistol you are much better off using your shotgun. It throws a huge pattern and NO ONE, I mean NO ONE wants to mess with the wrong end of a shotgun. Even if you don't hit them, they are out of there and everybody will stay the hell out of your house from then on. OH YEAH! Rant away woman, that's what friends are for. We are here for you and want to help you through this together. whiteriver

6. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    Thanks whiteriver.....yah thats why out of all the guns jeff has i choose the one that would scare the crap out of them even though it will knock the crap out of my shoulder and probably on my butt....but if it means protecting my kids, i dont care as long as if i have to shot i nail him and my kids arnt harmed...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009
  7. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    We live in tough times. Used to be the police on or off post would partol the neighborhoods and new people by their first name. Government no longer provide funds for the police to get to know the neighborhood. Thats both sad and dangerous.

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Can you file a complaint with the bas provost marshall? I just cant believe that someting like that would be left untouched by the base?! At the very least it would be bad for PR....I truely feel for you. I know that my wife and kids are back home right now while I am out on deployment. It would drive me crazy to know that something like that happened at home while Im out here. the crazy thing is that if you let off a shot or two then the MPs would probably be doing more to reprimand you than they did in looking for that idiot who broke in! STAY SAFE!

9. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    No the reason they wont do anything about it cause i didnt see anything about the person. The only reason i knew someone was in the house was because they knocked over the high chair and trash can, my front door was completely open, and my screen door was still shutting. Plus there was fresh snow on my floor. But because i wasnt able to catch anything about the person they considered it a noise complaint. i was freaking livid about it.

10. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Keep in mind that you have two babys running around the house. Dont leave that gun just laying around loaded. Put it in high somewhere where Kendal cant touch it. Call us if you need anything.

11. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I sent you a solution if it works out right you will have 150lbs of the meanest keep out sign that no one in their right mind will ever want to mess with. And you will find they make awsome compainions for kidds and you. Funny how 2 inches of fangs and a snarl can deter 98% of the idiots out there. And they are just flat mean but wonderful looking.

12. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Dang sis hope this has ended. Dead men tell no stories. Did they break in the door?

13. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas

Thanks CJ. No one its not loaded let....and it is somewhere where i can get to if need be and shells are in a completely different spot, close enough where i can get them and again high enough that kendall cant touch them. I dont even like it being out in the open like it is, but its the only thing i have...and im probalby even going to find the 20 ga cause its smaller and easier to keep out of her sight.

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I am sure the MP's would love to arrest the individual. Question is...who they gonna arrest. By your own admission you don't have a description of the person. They have to arrest everyone walking in the neighbor hood to give you satisfaction? Theirs is a thankless job. Like their civilian counterparts, they patrol every night, week days, week ends, holidays. It don't matter...there is a cop, military or civilian, on the job. They did respond. They did take a report. They did everything they could do except turn the clock back a half hour or hour. I know the frustration...but your giving them a rap they don't really deserve.

15. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Cheyenne you might also look into the do it yourself home security kits. I know Walmart and such had them. They are 2 sensors that are placed on the doors and if the connection is lost they sound a real high pitch alarm. Won't keep them from getting in but it might scare them off and it will let you know someone is in the house. We have used them before on my grandpaerent house and they work great. The price was not that much for the kit and it had enough it covered several doors and windows. Another thing you might look at is motion lights for inside the house. They have kits to turn normal lamps into motion lamps. It might help scare them off. we have one in the house and it comes in hand if you come in at night and can't get to a light switch or if you have yor hands full. Be safe girl.

16. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Cheyenne, check out coach guns. they are shorter versions of double barrel shotguns. alot easier to manage in close quarters. also in kansas sawed off shotguns are allowed as long as they are approved by the sherriff (unless they changed the law recently). So contact your county sherriff and ask about that law. You can get a nice youth 20 gauge for an affordable price.

17. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    Yes i understand that, but i found out today that im not the ONLY person in the last couple weeks. My unit alone now have had about 3-4 not including me. They have also all been in my housing area. So the fact that they did take it so likely makes me worry about just how safe we are actually with jeff being gone.

18. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    You want a dog? I have a great dane you can borrow.:wink:

Attached Files:

19. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    HAHA..thanks, but i can barley handle the dog that we have...which oh what a great dog, doesnt even wake up when the house goes insane...Thanks honey for the great dog!!!:wink::smile2:

20. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hate to hear that..some sorry as# people out there...get some Brinks signs to go with that pistol:wink: