Denver

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by JMarrs328, Feb 12, 2006.

1. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    I would like to make a prediction right now, so the whole world can see it!!!! The Denver Broncos are going to the Super bowl next year. They are an amazing team year after year, who just always fall a little short. Except for 98 and 99 w/ Elway!!! Anyway they are at the very least, going to make it to the AFC Championship. I belive they will win this game, and then win the super bowl, because the AFC dominates the NFC, that's just how it is. Oh, if you couldn't tell, I'm a die-hard broncos fan who just happened to be born right in the middle of Steeler and Eagles country. Not to mention all of the Ravens, redskins, giants, and jets fans!! Go Plummer!!!!!!

2. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    It's terrible to think about next season after the Colts started off 13-0 and then lost the first game of the playoffs. It's good to be excited about next season man, but let's face it, Plummer isn't good and Peyton can't win the Big game. I don't mean to rain on your parade dude, but it's not looking to good for either of our teams. Last I heard the Broncos were talking about signing Terrel Owens... If that happens they are really done. It doesn't look like the Colts are getting back Edgerrin James either.:sad: This was the Colts year and they blew it! Even if the Colts go 16-0, I still think they will choke in the playoffs. I am a huge Colts fan too.:eek:

3. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    Im a huge Denver fan also,but i believe the key to next year is getting another wide reciever,Rod Smith is good but he needs a little help,Ashley Lelie just isnt the answer way too inconsistant.Champ Baily is a good cover corner but jumps routes to much and gets beat,although he makes alot of great plays aswell.hopefull the rookies who filled in on the other side of the field will be better and then Denver will make their return to the super bowl

4. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    The way I see it, is that Mike Shannahan(Denver's head coach) can handle any and every player in the NFL. He kept the voracious Bill Romanoski in check for the majority of his carrer. I actually am hoping that the Broncos sign TO. We could really use a super star, play maker, wide reciever!!! I agree w/ the Champ Bailey comment, but i still think he is the best player for the position. I think that Jake Plumber has finally found is niche in Denver, and that he will only get better at his current position. He is still fairly new to Denver's offensive scheme, and he is really starting to catch on!!!

5. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    I think Jake is starting to realize that he has the team around him that allows is to not to do everything and rely on others.and i aswell would like to see them sign Owens,i also heard they are thinking of making a trade for Ricky Williams,alot of people say why when you have Anderson and Bell but the way i see it is Ricky would have a chance at 2000 every year with that offense

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    JMarrs328 - Someone should slap you around with a Terrible Towel and try to knock some sense in you, obviously the cold weather we are having has impaired your judgement. I suggest seeking therapy or moving to Denver! :eek:

7. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    I hate the Steelers, and probably always will, that goes for the Eagles too!!! About Ricky Williams, I agree that he would be a 2000 yard threat every year, but I don't know if he'll be alligible to play. He has been smoking so much dope it isn't even funny!!! And, if he fails his drug test, then he won't be able to play!!!! And to go along with the Steelers' Super Bowl Victory, I think it is excellent evidence of the NFL being rigged!!! I mean they scheduled this super bowl for detroit like 10 years ago, when the Bus was at his prime. So, they schedule a year for his retirement, make sure his team makes it to the super bowl, AND have it in his home town!!!! Now you can't tell me that that doesn't sound a little fishy to you!!!!:0a23: They also had to beat the #1, #2, and the #3 seeds just to advance to the Super Bowl!!! I respect Jerome Bettis, and I don't mean to say anything that would shadow his carrer in any degree, BUT the league has it's favorites!!!! Everybody loves the Jerome Bettis story, going back to his home town to win a super bowl after all these years, but it's like the Broncos in their superbowl times. There were some calls made in Denver's favor that probably shouldn't have been made, but everyone loved John Elway and they wanted his allustrious carrer to end a high note, and note just a high note, pretty much the highest note possible. He had back-to-back superbowl victories, and a superbowl MVP award to retire with!!!!

8. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I think its a far fetched idea saying that the league rigged the Steelers' super bowl win. And to say that it was ten years in the making is absolutely absurd. They won fair and square no matter how you look at it. I thought for sure all the Steelers haters would be silenced at least for a little while but I guess I was wrong.

9. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    I am a Bengals fan and i hate the Steelers. I know weird mix(being a Pittsburgh Penguins fan) but i thought a lot of calls were questionable in the Super Bowl. Especially the penalty on Hassleback for the tackle. Saying he was hitting a blocker low. I think it was a make up for the Colts game. And Steve, Jake THE MISTAKE will not lead the Broncos to a Super Bowl, he proved that this year

10. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Can we at least let Spring Training start for Baseball before we start this??? LOL!!!!

Ray

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    JMarrs328 - Big Ben will be retiring in about 15 years so I hear the NFL is going to have the Super Bowl in Cleveland that year since Ben is from Ohio and yes the Steelers are going to win, the fix is in already!

12. coalminer78

coalminer78 New Member

State:
    Lincoln, IL
    Hey rainman go Red Sox. Bills will win the super bowl anyways.

13. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The Bills won't win a superbowl in a very long time...