Dentist fear

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ka_c4_boom, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i went to the dentist today and had 3 yes 3 teeth pulled a wisdom and a moller and an eye tooth , the moller was bad it had to go but the wisdom was laying on top of it seems my wisdom teeth grow horizontal instead of vertical and are pushing my teeth forward well the one on the left side had cracked the moller that was in front of it and that crack would fill up with food every time id eat and eventualy it began to rot so today it went bye bye i now have one heck of a hole in the left side of my lower jaw .
    and my eye tooth on the right side of my head has had a hole in it since i was a kid , it had a filling in it but it fell out a few months back and the hole gradualy got bigger so it had to go aswell .
    in the middle of getting these teeth removed i had to stop the dentist from working , he thought maybe i was in pain but i told him it was more like clausterfobia i felt confined and it unnerved me a little , afterward he said he thought alot of his patience experienced this instead of pain but that their minds perceived the fear as pain , same thing can be done with the drill the noise and vibration can cause false pain sensations .

so here i set at the computer with 3 less teeth than last night , im in genuine pain now lol my mouth is sore not in the holes where the teeth once were but more so from the prying , pulling , shoveing , and proding the dentist had to do to remove my teeth my jaw aches something fearce

2. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for postin this!:dribble: Kat in the hat has a bad tooth and I've been tryin to get him to go see a dentist. When he reads this (and he will) I'll never get him to go.:beat_plaster::smile:lol. Maybe he'll let ME pull it!!!:smile2:

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    im sorry but just for the record the dentist i went to was very good i never felt the needle when he shot me full of novacaine infact i never felt a bit of pain when in his office he even put in some stitches before i left to help me heal faster and called in meds last night wich i picked up before going to his office today i highly recommend this dentist to any one , il even offer my couch if you want to stay here after the tooth is fixed

4. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I can commiserate; I had a molar extracted, also. As a bit of general advice, you might want to take things easy for the next couple of days.

-- Rich

5. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    Ha u should have your gums cut, wisdom teeth CRACKED in Half, then yanked out, then your jaw bone grinded away!!!...

I had NIGHTMARES about getting my wisdom teeth taken out... i mean honestly it wasnt horrible.... but i just do not like dentists and wanna have NOTHING to do with em.. even to this day every once in a while ill have nightmares...

when they were cuttin em out.... my shirt was SOAKED with sweat... my knuckels/hands were PURE WHITE from grabbing the chair.... and i mean sweat was pouring outta me...

not fun!!

so i feel ur pain plus some lol

6. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I need to go back to the dentist myself but as I have no insurance.... it has to get pretty bad before I go. Last time I went I was beggin for him to pull it.:wink: I would rather go through NATURAL CHILDBIRTH again than to have a tooth get that bad!

The dentist I used to go to, back when I had insurance, he was great. Well they gave me laughing gas and I didn't care about the shot, pulling a tooth, nothin. That is some good stuff! I highly recommend it!:big_smile:

7. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Sheila:

You can get it at any car-parts store. It's called nitrous-oxide, the gas that's used to give boy racers' cars an extra turbo charged boost.

The Fast And The Furious has got a LOT to answer for. :eek:oooh:

8. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

Charles:

Lost my front ones in a traffic accident 17 years ago, can't cap them because the roots were smashed beyond repair & the dentist told me my only hope were IMPLANTS! (anybody got a spare $6,000?) Can't get 'em bridged either 'cos the teeth on either side of the gap are too small to support it.

You miss them when they're gone, eh?:embarassed::sad_2a:

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hate em, hate em, hate em. Have not been to a dentist in probably 6 years. Last time was to get wisdom teeth pulled and they told me to come back for deep cleaning. Got that done and have not been back.

Last 2 times I got cavities fixed they did not numb me good and I was in extreme pain. You can cut my arm off and sew it back on without novacane but do not get me around a dentist!!!

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Tea purty much said it all, ive never had a good experience at a dentist. The last time i went to a dentist he overmedicated me and i ended up in the hospital for two days.

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    well heres your update lol im sore as heck feel as though i been beat up my jaw bone is sore from haveing two teeth pulled from it and iv got a hole the size of mammoth cave lol but i think im healing up tuesday night i took a total of 4 lortabs before bedtime yesterday i only took 2 this morning i took 1 so far lol the pain is starting to go away , the tooth i had removed on the right upper side doesnt hurt or atleast if it does the spot where the wisdom and moller was is over riding it , i cant wait to get the other last wisdom tooth out lol gotta be something wrong with a person who likes getting rid of teeth huh ? il live with a large amount of pain for a short time as opposed to a small amount of pain for along time any day . pain makes people hard to get along with , if some one appears to be a grouch remember they may be in pain .

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kat=tamer don't get in a hurry he will soon foul up and do someting wrong and give you the opportunity to quickly remove it. Ouch!! He better be good.

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I think most people, even dentists, hate going to the dentist. The most important thing to remember is that your teeth can get infected, and spread infection to other parts of your body, causing your health to decline even more. Some infections can go to your heart and cause a heart attack.

I once had a man that I worked with, that kept having stomach problems. He had been complaining with his teeth, too. When he finally went to the Dr., he told him to get his teeth fixed and that would help his infections. He couldn't believe that his teeth could cause other problems in his body.

I go religiously every 6 months, for a cleaning. Luckily, I haven't had to have any major work done in a couple of years now. My Mother taught me at a young age, to go whether I wanted to or not. She has a lot of $ invested in my fillings, so I try to keep them up the best I can. When I was pregnant, quite a few of my teeth, decayed from the inside out, so I seemed to fill the chair at the dentist's office during the whole pregnancy. It wasn't a happy time, for me, and I actually wanted him to pull them all and put in dentures at 18. When he explained it would be 3 grand in 1976, I said, well ok, just fix 'em.

That same dentist is still practicing and has been for 50+ years, now. I go to his son, now and he is as good as his Father.

So take care of your teeth, for better health.

Take care,
    Cheryl

14. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes, I do HATE dentists...not as a person, but you know what I mean. I do have a hole in one of my wisdom teeth that bothers me from time to time, and I do get grouchy as a result. I would just get some needle nose pliers, and pull it myself, but I can't prescribe myself percacet, and whiskey wears off too fast. Just the thought of going to the dentist gives me the heebee-jeebees.:crazy:

15. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    trust me matt when it gets bad enuogh you'll go , i did .

cheryl , i do know what your saying i was having alot of sinus trouble and i concluded it was that bad eye tooth the dentist said there was a good chance i was right

16. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Charles, hope you fill better real soon. I hate going to the dentist too. it been about five years now.:crazy:

17. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I feel your pain, I need to see the dentist soon myself. The pain has never bothered me but I think like you said, the drill and scraper make me nervous. I dont like anyone putting a power tool in my mouth. I get what I call the back sweats which turns into the itchy back and squirming ensues. I told my dentist about it and he turns on a fan in my direction. It helps but I still grip that chair with white knuckles and leave with the back of my shirt drenched. Its like a danged workout as much as I sweat in a dentist's chair.

18. fishhead

fishhead New Member

State:
    KC Missouri
    I dont like them at all.Especially if they dont use enough meds to make it painless.I have learned that if i ask them(we arnt going to hurt each other are we?) then they use plenty of meds.:smile2:

19. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brothers and Sisters;
    Back in the "70's" I had 5 wisdom teeth taken out. One in each corner of the mouth and an extra attached to the lower right jawbone pushing everything else! That was the one that gave me a "Dry Socket". Thankfully I only experienced that one time!!
    The dentist I have now is a beautiful person whom follows the "Red Trail" even though he and his lovely wife moved her from the Southwestern CONUS.
    He has done several root canals on Raven and myself, and there is NO Pain during or after the procedure! He is cheaper that the other D.D.S's and D.M.D's in the area here in the eastern half of Missouri and his payment plan is much more competitive and less interest than those so called "loans" you can sign up for at 18%+!! As one example, on each root canal, Raven and I saved about $200.00 on each one! He is just as competitive on his other services too.
    He practices what is called conservative dentistry, explains everything in common language the average person can understand, gives you your options on treatments and then lets YOU make the decision!:big_smile: He, his wife, and their staff work WITH you and are committed to doing what they can to keep your teeth, gums, ect, clean and healthy no matter what your age! In fact, I was referred to him by a 92 year old lady that still has all of her teeth! She loves him and now we do too! He is loved by children of ALL AGES! And even has school plans set up with some of the area schools! He has photos of these children in a special place on the office wall so everyone can see those bright young smiles!
    He is young enough that he will still be around when it's time for me to leave this old body behind and the best of all of this???
    I have him interested in going after the "BIGGUN'S"!!!:big_smile::smile2: I even game him his first serious rod for the job!! Next month we will be going to visit the new Cabela's up on the north end of St. Louis and I will help him pick out his spinning reel for his rod.
    I would NOT trade him for any other dentist, either D.D.S. or D.M.D. and I will recommend him to anyone {have sent several folks to him and they love him too!:big_smile:} in the area or even within 100 miles of his location!
    It took me a lot of years to find him but I thank My CREATOR that he came into my, and Raven's, life!
    Call me one lucky "Yote" but I actually look forward to going and seeing my dentist every 6 months and so does my wife; Raven. :big_smile:
    I hope you all can find a good dentist where you live. Mine is not the only one, there are other good ones out there, but you do have to look for them.
    Prayers and Best Wishes to ALL.
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

20. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I just went and had a deep cleaning and a tooth extracted and I was over medicated. Was sick for two days from it. But the dentist was real good at pulling the tooth out. I am going back for repairs and some more taken out. And bridges to be put in. Along with some fillings. Mountains Dews and being belimic (perging) in my early 20s has put a toll on my teeth. I had 6 of my back teeth on top and bottom on both sides removed in my mid 20s . So now I am having my teeth fixed so I can smile again. I have panic attacks and this dentist is to good. He was talking with me about things that would ease me. One pressure and the tooth was out.:big_smile:
    Chuck I hope you get to feeling better.