Denny is headed out there for a month...

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by catdaddy64, Oct 2, 2009.

1. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    What's up fellows?

Denny Abbott from Baton Rouge, Louisiana has a place in Strawberry and is headed out there for a month as we speak and wants to hook up with some brothers from the area to do some fishing. If anyone is interested in meeting a good brother send me a message with a way for him to make contact and I will make sure he gets it. I'm not sure if he is going to have the internet once he gets there or not.

Send me a private mail.

Thanks

David Carroll

2. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    hey man a bunch of us are going to bartlett lake next friday the 9th. if he wants let us know we dont have all the times set yet but would love him 2 come out.

3. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello David, I had talked with you before, my situation is i am leaving area for about three weeks on Oct4th. I live in Payson, possibly Roosevelt lake meeting spot.

4. mullyden

mullyden New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Azcat,
    I made it up to Strawberry last night from Baton Rouge. It is a long trip. I picked up a boat I bought on Craiglist in Tucson. I had my brother look at it a few weeks ago and bought it based on his observation. It's overall condition was not quite what I expected. It had been in the marina on Roosevelt for a few years. It had only been out on the lake a couple of times, but in a covered slip. I will have a challenge getting the minerals off the pontoons, but being retired now should give me time. Unfortunately a bench seat bottom apparently blew off between Tucson and Strawberry. I hope it didn't whack anyone on the road behind me. I suspect if it had, someone would have caught up with me. Now I gotta find someone to make a new one.
    I hope I get to meet you and other "Brothers" before we leave Strawberry in early November. If not, will catch em next trip. I rented space near "schoolhouse" so I guess that will be the end we fish primarily. Would really appreciate any tips for fishing Roosie. Anyway, take care.

5. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    You got the internet I see...Cool.
    Did you see what lilmonster23 wrote about Bartlett? Hook up with those guys and represent LA, Bro.
    I wish I could be with ya'll instead of being stuck in a freaking classroom. How the hell I ever talked myself into this foolishness I'll never understand and at my age. Good Gawd, I must be daft.

Good luck with the boat cleaning job.

Stay in touch.

BTW Thanks for quick responses, my Arizona Brothers.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  6. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Denny, check with the guys on the Bartlett outing, they are getting it together, if you are invited I am sure it will be a memorable experience. You need to check all of local post to hook with BOC guys, Good Luck!

7. Az Birddog

Az Birddog New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az.
    I think it sounds like your brother owes you some elbow grease.:wink: lol

8. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Adam,
    I think Denny should call an emergency "gathering" at his place... supply the beer and the cleaning supplies and just maybe the boat will get cleaned.:big_smile:

Or he could just let his brother do it... either way sounds like a plan.