Denison Dam trip

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by james, May 3, 2007.

1. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Planing on heading up to the dam 11th - 13th going to be targeting big blues, useing live perch. Anyone got any info? Haven't been down there in good while. We'll be stayin over at Eisenhower anyone interested in meeting up hollar at me.

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    howdy james. i just got back from there last week. didn't have any trouble catching a mess of stripers right there at the dam on the texas side. i was throwing a 3/4 ounce football jig with a strip of cut shad and killing them. the catfishing is usually pretty good there, but there are too many stripers right at the base to let a cat get a bite! only caught one blue at the dam in 4 days.
    i assume you know the river area at the dam... it was producing quite well. caught a mess of cats below in the rocks, biggest blue was 22 pounds, biggest channel was 17 pounds. good luck on your trip man, be sure to post results!
    i should be going back down there within the first two weeks of june.
    hope this info helps you out.

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    loaded up bout to head out the door seen some pics from some guys fishing up there they wore the stripers out on 1/2 oz white bucktails under weighted corks in the current heard lots of 20 inch + stripers being caught not to many cats being caught from what i heard.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    all the shad you need are right there at the dam wall when the water is running... the cats are there not too far down, good luck on your trip man!

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well, how did you do?????????

6. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    didnt do to well on the cats did get some nice stripers though just about everyone was catching them so not all was lost. I seen the shad only took one throw of the net and had enough for two days. got out on the lake sunday with my dad caught only 2 stripers worth keeping. much rather would have like to catch just one nice blue but was nice to get away from work a couple days.

7. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    heading up to the dam early monday morning anyone got any info on the cats, also wondering is the park open 24/7?

8. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    didnt get a single bite got there around 4am stayed tell 11 only caught some shad never been up there when there wasnt anyone else there