demo derby

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by attack-cat, Mar 7, 2008.

1. attack-cat

attack-cat New Member

State:
    kansas
    anybody out there into demolition derby's. if so i would be interested in sharing info about building tricks, upcoming events and so on.i am in the northeast kansas area. jeff

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Jeff, I'm not so much into demo derby, but I do enjoy pestering BOC member 'jga' while he's building them lol. I do slap instant classic paint jobs on them though right before they get demolished.:big_smile:

He's had vehicles in the compact, and mini van classes. I think after his first car, his philosophy changed. Alot of work went into the first one. Unnecessary work. Around here there is a one family in particular that will enter maybe 6-10 vehicles, and will have at least 2 in every heat, at every event near by all summer long. They run a junkyard, and don't like to lose, and they don't. They just kinda work it out between themselves who is gonna win. If it don't go that way, they beat the crap out of one another.:eek:oooh: So, less is more...unless you REALLY want to win. Just do what the regs say is required and leave it at that, imo.

Don't know what the scene is like in Kansas, but I don't even bother watching the ones here locally because I get tired of watching the same team win. I like to view the results on DVD.:wink:

3. attack-cat

attack-cat New Member

State:
    kansas
    its almost the same here. same families. i am becoming a contender tho. ive brought home a couple trophys myself. i build um and run them till there just isnt anything left. i prefer old iron, bigger payouts. i have 3 to builb this year. just thuoght maybe someone outside ddda website would enjoy swapping info. i know everywhere has different rules.

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Jeff it has been a long time like 26 or 27 years but go for fun and personal safety and bragging rights cause you ain't gonna get rich by winning but it is a rush

5. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I've torn a few up in my time. what do you want to know?