Deltalover's Cat(fish)house!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Deltalover, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Today was a good day! As many of you know, the trawler I was interested in for a "getaway" did not pass the survey! Well "my ship came in" and it's a done deal! It's not real pretty at the moment, but has alot of potential. She is 40 feet long by 12+ feet, has a 6 cylinder chevy engine, vhf radio, air conditioner, hot and cold water, toilet and shower, frig and freezer, solar panels, a big deck on top, to catch some rays or sleep under the stars! There is much more that came with the boat with then I can list! We have the slip at the harbor for the rest of the month with shore power, internet, and direct tv! Next month we will be movin it out to the island to strip it down. Then a couple of miles down the river to have it hauled out and repaint the (steel)pontoons. I hoping some members will join me for a mini gathering this summer! Going to be a blast!

Attached Files:

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    AWESOME!!!!! Count me in Phil!! let me know if there is anything I can do to help on some of that labor. way cool.

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Congrats Phil...:)...I guess we know where your gonna be spending your time now..:)..way to go Buddy!:cool:

4. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Way to go Phil, hard work pays off. You worked hunting it, now comes the fun.

5. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Congrates on the new aquisition Mate!

6. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Sweet looking rig.

Congrats!

7. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Phil, congrats on the house boat man ! Yer gonna be livin' one of my dreams, I've always wanted a house boat and yours looks pretty sweet..... Wish I lived closer to ya, I'd be glad to help ya out with some labor and fishin'........

8. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Congrats on the boat enjoy it to the fullest!

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That thing looks neat, looks like you are living a dream!

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Way to go Phil! Back some years ago I chewed a man down on a 14x39 fiberglass pontoon to 16,000 cash in a paper sack.
    It was in immaculate condition only lacking a generator.
    I chickened out when I realized this thing was on a lake and the cost of moving it to another lake when I got bored at that lake was astonomical.

Sounds like yours is on a body of water you couldnt get bored on.
    I'm looking forward to your pictures and insight into refurbishing your dream.
    Be sure to keep a thread going on your progress.

11. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Congrats & lots of luck!

Eric

12. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats man, looks like a great project.

13. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Great going! I'll bet your going to have as much fun working on it as you will going out on it. OK, maybe not AS much but it will be fun to do all the little things that make it yours.

14. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Congrats bro, sure looks great.

15. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I could hardly sleep last night! I been wanting this for as long as I can remember! Mutt, thank you for your offer, I will let you know! We will be rebuilding some dock and also building a 20 by 36 foot deck when the rain lets up and it gets a bit warmer! I intend on doccumenting the whole thing and posting the progress on the board!

16. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Alright Phil ! That look's just like my house without the wheels!! Just kiddin it looks a lot better than my house. LOL Congrats man I know ya'll will enjoy it for years to come.

17. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :thumbsup:

"Way To Go Buddy!"

Let me know if you want me to help you out with some of the labor, oh yea -you can count me in on the Mini Gathering in the summertime.

Congrats Buddy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

18. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Man that is some great news! I am happy for you and really look forward to seeing future posts of the progress.:)

19. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the houseboat Phil.I know you will be spending alot of time on the water now.That will be alot of fun for you,I'll be looking forward to seeing more pictures as you work on it.Keep us updated.

20. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Man, that is the coolest! I am happy to see someone get a dream fulfilled. So happy for you and your family!

Darrell