DeltaLover Revival..Houseboat #2

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by gilmafam, Dec 19, 2009.

1. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    So, what you say fishermen..?..
    :0a23:

Maybe we need to put a Houseboat trip on the agenda.....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CatMan(Cali)
    Don't they have different prices for different times of the year? We could look it up and see what it would cost. I would think Sept or Oct would be cheaper than the middle of the summer.:smile2::smile2:

Well "CaLifornia Boys"... :0a26:made the call to the Seven Crown Resorts... the seasons are as follows...

Summer rate: June 16-Sept 1, and May 23-26

Value rate: January 1 June 15 and Sept 2 to Dec 31st

So, I have been on three trips.... one with BOC in early Mar, and with other buddies during Easter Break.....

Now .... I dont have to do any work thing... so I'm somewhat open for dates..... :wink:

You have to understand that the Delta area can be quite hot in the summer.... and when the wind blows... it does blow and then their is a tidal movement on the water two times a day....

Our boat.... "Summit".... no a/c.....sleeps 10 inside, and anyone else can put a tent on top...... better view and more pissing room....

4 day and three nights.... $1350.... does not include the fuel .. which is probably about $4 plus a gallon and then we have to pay for oil usage...

Got the BBQ and all the amenities ...shower.... diving board :smile2::smile2:

Have to come up with a "cost factor"..... per person... but we'd depart on say a Friday mid day and return on the following Monday for clean-up and turning the boat back in.

DeltaLover ........"Houseboat"

"California Boys" Gathering

Merry Christmas California Boys

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Is $1350 the value rate? Was the Summit the one we had before?

3. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Robb ... you are right:cool2:... here is some pics of the interior etc...

I may be able to get some off of the price... I'll get some more info Mon:0a22::0a23::0a17::0a18::006::0a20::0a22:

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    It sleeps 10? I know I spooned with Linz:embarassed: HAHAHAHA!!!!!! What if we had mre than 15 brother interested? We might have some sisters too. Just a thought. :confused2: Since we put it out there, I dunno. We got more cali members now and Central cal at that. We might have 4-6 here in Fresno_Or is this the fiest 10 sign up?

5. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Got some more pics... Ya know...we really had a good time...

Tom got there the day before and got to spend the night... did pretty good on the local "Crappie"....

Jaime had fun with some "throw back" stripers....

6. gilmafam

State:
    California

It does get complicated....could get two houseboats....or a "patio boat"
    (pontoon boat) as well..... I'm going to just take my one boat this time.... no one keep a good enough eye on it while we were cruisiing last time.... almos lost it... Maybe Ray Smith or others may bring there boats...

The "patio boat" pontoonboat is $140 day or 650 week... we could deal with them on a better price...Call it one and half boats:smile2::smile2:

But this might be a way to go... park the houseboat and go look in the patio boat:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Anyway.... Need a responsible person at the helm of the Houseboat... once we are anchored... then the captain can "party"

I sure do like the area around where we would camp... Big pile of bush and trees ....

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=38.143805,-121.49214&spn=0.008573,0.057249&z=14

lots of great places to check out

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    LOL!!!! Man good times:wink: Thanks for the pics. I counted and there were 8 of us. If the Summit is the same boat, then it sleeps no more than 8 I think. Maybe 10 or 12 at MAX:wink: And that means a tent some how tied off the top of the house boat. Can the house boat still move around with a tent on top?

8. gilmafam

State:
    California
    The houseboat wont go fast enough to blow things off the top.. but tents could be tied down....

The patio boats are pretty big I think.... not 20 footers, but have lots of room to sleep on...... have to get a pic of them.

9. gilmafam

State:
    California
    So here is a pic of the patio boat..

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Just for the sake of things lets just project who could be interested.

1. Bert
    2. Robb
    3. Sean
    4. Fred
    5. Ray Smith (wife) ?
    6. Tom
    7. Russ
    8. Rossi
    9. Stankbait
    10. Fullmoon
    11. Jaime
    12. Monstercatcher.... Big John
    13. Mrs. Monstercatcher
    14. Piledriver..... Big Rob
    15. Russ
    16. Rossi
    17. Rick
    18. Gilmafam.....Big Ray

Now that is just of the top of my head. Possible guest? A possible discount for 2 housboats? Now with the projected count. lets say we have 15 solid count. Would a patio boat support a tent? I dunno. just a thought. Just really thinking. This thing could take off were we have 20 or 25 people solid. If a few of the above have a guest that is solid, than we have over 20 heads.

11. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    This is looking like fun! :smile2:

I always wanted to meet Delta :sad2:

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Patio boats have anchors?

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Ah... Unka Paul..... You don't know what your missing:wink: The California Delta is Thousands of miles of body of water. People live out there on islands. Have shantes built. Have guard dogs to protect what is there.
    with house boats, and some other boats to scout around, the fishing don't get know better:big_smile: The California Boy's got the hook up:wink:

14. gilmafam

State:
    California
    They say that the patio boat holds ten folks.... that mean life preservers...and they don't have a BBQ on them.....you probably can put a tent on it for sure.... anchors... yea they have to provide one... and if lost someone pays for it....

15. gilmafam

State:
    California
    jus looked a little closer... the patio boat is a nine man or woman boat:smile2:

WE can get 25% discount for booking prior to 12/31

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  16. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    Those are some nice pics brothers look like u guys had a ball

17. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    Hey didn't feel like doing any tonight did they go up there and fish

18. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Tom, and Bert bring up some valid points.....

Yeah, Ray. what was the fuel & oil from that trip? Around $400 wasn't it?
    So if you have 10 people at $135 ea. and fuel at $40 ea. That's like $175 for three days and nights of fishing.
    Then you have bait.
    And the all important Beer supply.
    And Ice to keep it cold.
    So now we're closer to $200 or more per head.
    Then there's the food issue.
    One thing I did learn on that trip was that even though these are big boats the fishing space is somewhat limited. Deck Storage space as well for things like extra poles, tackle boxes, Ice chests.
    Some of that stuff can be stored up top but not the stuff you need to get to.
    I wonder if they have any houseboats that are walk around? That would solve the fishing space issues.

What if the "Houseboat" was use as kind of a "Mothership" to get some of us to some of those shore areas that we always talk about Ray. The Houesbout could then be used as a kind of suttel or furry to take people from place to place & to some of that not to offtend fished shoreline. I'm sure that some of us woundn't mine doing the same that of camping/tenting that they would do at Mendota right? (I know that I woundn't mine doing it). We also could rotate days of who sleep on the boat and who sleep in the tents under the stars. And just think - you could have the freedom of changing you location day after day if you want.

As I look at the prior sleeping conditions... no one shared the beds....but we shared the kitchen with Jaime and Bert :eek:oooh:....

The boat sleeps 8..... 10 if married or close folks...

Getting the additional boat would make the movement to the banks easier... I dont want to use my boat as a main shuttle... other boats may be coming as well

19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If me and Paul went we would drive the price up around 400.
    We drink A LOT of beer.
    We could float that houseboat in an afternoon.

20. gilmafam

State:
    California
    what the hell Mark.... I would hope that you'd bring some of your "down south beer"......but you are welcome to come and try to stay with the "Mendota Boys".... with the beer thing:smile2:

Any support out there?