Delta/Tracy/Stockton help

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Catfishfan, May 25, 2009.

1. Catfishfan

Catfishfan New Member

State:
    California
    Looking to take my Nieces out fishing for some cats.(delta,stockton,tracy) Can Anyone tell me some good spots in that area with easy access and a chance to catch allot of fish.... The more fish the better, But not all 2incher. Thanks for your help.. :big_smile:

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey James, I want to welcome you to the BOC. I am in Fresno, so not much help. There will others to chime in soon to give you some advice. Linz fishes the delta a lot and he is a fishing machine. Dude knows all the spots and has good luck. He will be much help. :wink:

3. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Welcome To the BOC, James.

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a25: to the B.O.C. James
    :wink:

I do all of my fishing from the bank (don't own a boat ),:sad2: , but when I go up to the Delta this is what I go by:

For Fish in numbers:
    I like to go up to the Tracy area of the Delta ("Whiskey Slough Area", "Cal Pack Road Area", Anywhere off of "Whiskey Slough Rd." & Beacon Inland Rd.).

For Size (& sometimes numbers):
    I always go with the Stockton & Lodi areas of the Delta (Anywhere in the Northern Part of the Delta).

and to answer your quesation - "Yes" The Catfish there are active at this time of the year & it will get better as the summer months and the warm continues Buddy.
    :0a26:
    "Now - Get out there & get'em" (lol)

Take it easy & Good luck to Ya,
    Bert (Shania :0010:)

5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    just listen to Bert he wont steer you wrong, you will do just fine with his advice.

6. Catfishfan

Catfishfan New Member

State:
    California
    Thank you for all your help and advice. I'm sure you wouldnt steer me wrong. I've fished disco bay a few times and had pretty good luck.. I will try your spots tomorrow and see what we come up with... Thank you again very much for the advice.

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    James welcome to the BOC,Where you at in cali ?

8. Catfishfan

Catfishfan New Member

State:
    California
    I live in the bay area(hayward) But thats only been for the past few months. I have worked as a wildland firefighter for the past three years in northern cali. My catfishing has been weak for a few years but im looking foreward to to getting back into it. Where are you from.:big_smile:

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    James are you a cali native? I grew up in the bay area am now in merced but i know a ton of cat hot spot's around your area.

10. Catfishfan

Catfishfan New Member

State:
    California
    yes iam in fact. I grew up all over this wonderful state. but yes iam. please share the wonderful advice you have. In fact i lived in merced for a year about three years ago.. I fished in a little river down the highway tward gustine.

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "COOL"!!!:big_smile:
    Hey James - I'm right here in San Leandro (on Davis St.) maybe one day we can hook up and I'll take you to some of the "Honey Holes" that I know of up in the Delta.
    :0a23:
    :wink:

12. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Tracy area like Bert said. Take the 205 to Tracy blvd and hang a left onto Tracy blvd. Take it straight out into the country and there is a baitshop on left hand side about 2-3 miles out of town. You can turn left at the baitshop and follow that road back until you hit the water. Have had a lot of success there. If you don't like that continue on past the store on Tracy blvd until you hit hwy4. Make a right at hwy4 and go until you see a sign for Bacon Island or Whiskey Slough. Either place is good fishing.

13. Catfishfan

Catfishfan New Member

State:
    California
    I just got back from whiskey slough last night. I'm sorry to say I got maybe one bite and I was there for around 14 hours.:angry:. Maybe the fish are not really to active yet..I don't know. But I will not give up and I will find the right spot.:cool2::0a35:

14. Catfishfan

Catfishfan New Member

State:
    California
    Yeah for sure... If you wanna go sometime it would have to be on a monday or tuesday(Night) Only days I have off of work. And I can always use a good fishing partner.

15. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Did you try different spots? I will try a few different spots and try locating my bait at different lengths when casting out. I may cast out 30ft one cast. 20ft the next, you get the idea. Some nights it just isn't meant to be. But Whiskey Slough is a good place to fish so don't give up on it. There is a lot of water to cover out there and it will take multiple trips for you to find a few spots you like. What kind of bait were you using?

16. full moon

full moon Guest

Glad you joined our brotherhood, brother!

Anthony

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good advice brother. Keep Fishing brother James:wink:

18. BLACK MAC

BLACK MAC New Member

State:
    Riverbank Calif
    Honey holes?? stop holding out and spill it, lol. I'm always open to suggestions, have bait will travel :wink:

19. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    easy little cowboy

20. Catfishfan

Catfishfan New Member

State:
    California
    I was using worms and clams. I had one pole set up for each. And with the differnt depths, I was changing it up all day. I had a few brews so I didn't want to drive around. I hit all the accessable spots I could from the location I was fishing. I will need to dig deep the next time out. maybe in a week or two. "They will be mine."