delta strippers this weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by mendotamadness, Jan 7, 2009.

1. mendotamadness

mendotamadness New Member

State:
    california
    Hey guys,Anyone been up to the delta lately fishing.Im heading up there this weekend to try and drift some minnows by the Koa station in stockton.If any body has any reports anything would be helpful.HappyFishing!!!!!!!!!!
    Chris.

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Linz may check in here, he is from Sac and fishes the Delta. What part you headed too?

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Good Luck to you out there Chris" :cross:
    :wink:
    I have not been out there on the Delta since Nov. of 2008, at the Delta Gathering. :sad2:
    "Linz" is the man to talk to up there, that his stomping grounds, so hope he see this before you go, "but I can tell you this" - they are still getting fish up there from time to time. :big_smile:
    :0a23:

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Good luck to you if you go... .moon looks bad, and the local boys say that it ........ you know what.... rainy, windy... got to use mud suckers...

bayrunner Ray

5. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I second what Ray said. From the fishing report on Stockton/Delta they are catching stripes with bullheads or mudsuckers. It said that the action had picked up, but I know the report last week said it was slow. You never know until you get that line wet. Good luck.

Sean!

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :crazy: "OH YEA"
    "I Forgot about the :worship: "Mud Suckers"! :0a23:

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Well fellows - I got out to the Calif. Delta (Lodi Area) on Friday (1/16/09) - I got Good News & Bad News:

The bad news is that "I Got Skunked" :sad2: - only 2 small bites all day.

The good news is that " I got my 2009 Fishing License". :smile2:

So I don't fill bad about the fishing trip out to the "Honey Hole" because I know what kind of fish you can get out of there & how it is later in the year.
    :0a23:
    Hey Chris,
    Did you ever get the chance to come up this way to the Ca. Delta & if so how did you do?