Delta/Stockton report as of Jan 25, 2005

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Jan 25, 2006.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Delta/Stockton area
    Bass ***
    Stripers *
    Sturgeon ***

Bass fishing is good in the south Delta area on black/blue jigs, said recent Delta tournament winner Dwayne King. He and partner Tim Venkus won with a weight of32.11 pounds for seven fish on 1/2-ounce jigs. The fish were holding deeper, with some anglers also catching fish on crankbaits. Striper fishing in the south Delta is fair with bigger stripers up to 25 pounds.

2. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    On the ocassions that I do fish for bass that black/blue jig is one of my staples,

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    You been up to Mossdale lately Lloyd?

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Delta/Stockton area

**Bass **Stripers *Sturgeon

Bass fishing has been on and off with the jig bite the best bet to score, Dwayne King said. Striper fishing in the San Joaquin has been good if you can find them. Drifting minnows, swimbaits and trolling are all working at times. Sturgeon fishing has slowed.

5. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Its been awhile since I have been up to Mossdale but intend to go sometime this month after the cold front plays out.

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I hear ya Lloyd. I been getting several good reports from the Mossdale area last week. Let us know how ya do bro. We are going to have our annual gathering down here at the Mendota slough in May. Sure hope you can make it again.

7. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Yo Robb its a gaurantee if it doesnt interfere with my bizarre work schedule.Its one of my big fishing trips of the year the comraderie is just too good.

8. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I was at mossdale today it will also be my last time at mossdale if they dont start enforcing thier rules they have for the ramp. as for the fishing most everyone there that i talked to bass and cat guys got skunked today. didnt see a single fish pulled in.

9. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Sorry it went so bad Mutt! I think this cold front has something to do with the poor fishing and I am sure it will get better as it gets warmer!

10. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    hey Phil it wasnt the fishing that has me peeved its the lamebrain @*@#&#^#%@$#%^$&@%&# that shouldnt own boats.
    two ahem people launced thier boats took up the whole dock blocked the ramp one with a dead battery one with a no start junk chrysler engine and i mean it was junk. me and 5 others are waiting trying to get in finaly one of the other bass boat guys yelled take it outta the water and go fix it else wheres your blocking the ramp fight almost broke out but all of us on the water started towards the dock and so it stopped real fast. they blocked it for 45 minutes that i was at the ramp trying to get out and load up. I went up and complained the the ranger and got oh well i said fine you have rules here saying NOT to do that so I guess this is my last time at mossdale. otherwise it would of been a nice day cept no fish lol that dont bother me none its rude no commen sense idiots that cant have any courtesy for others like them guys.

11. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Ah Mutt give Mossdale a chance.Its the go to place when I want to catch fish.On the matter of the boats blocking the ramp have yoursrelf and the others that are waiting to launch DIRECT them to the other side of the dock and tie off to correct their mechanical problems.Those tie off points on the other side of the dock are for the purpose of letting other boats in the water while you are waiting for any reason be it engine probs,parking the truck,drinking a beer,ect.next off if you just want to catch fish there is a good bullhead population that you will get fish on if when you leave the ramp go to the left past the mobile home area and continue all the way to where the river forks.You will see a rock on the shore and cast in that general area.Another area is to head upriver and when you get to the first solid bend start to look for the overhanging trees the cats are either ther or will come in just a bit.The bite is slower but the fish are bigger.There are a a few more spots but this post is already to long.

12. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    well when the owner of the boat tells you to &$%# off its kinda hard to direct them to the other side of the dock plus he wouldnt of had his jumper cables be able to reach his boat. just another reason people need to make sure thier boats run and work before going on with them. as for mossdale thier price to launch there aint worth it in my opinion. the builders are closing more and more down all up and down the bank where the new housing tracts are going in you have people teenagers tossing rocks out in the river etc nope done there way to may other areas in the delta that put mossdale to shame. so ill go to them and stick with the lakes i like.

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    You got me going Mutt.......lol. I hate to be waiting to launch and some yahoo is there with a piece of crap boat. Probably got it free and the engine too....lol!!!! Sitting there watching them fix it on my time:mad:

14. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    well if i was taiting to launch id of gone else wheres there was me and a whole bunch wanting to load up and get outta there around 45 minutes or so of circeling its way to long and i mean way to long. its like i say some people should not own a boat.

15. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Oh man, that is even worse:mad: Sorry to hear it Mutt. Do they have the ramp at the trailor park open?

16. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    well its sorta open the dock is half sunk if i want to go back into mossdale i can launch at dos rios or at oasis the oasis is a bit of a drive though lol dos rios is about 5 miles give or take from mossdale. yea it sucks when they have these rules posted but they wont enforce them hey lots of other places to go fish at.

17. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Damn mutt sorry about you're trip bruther at least you kept you're kool, sometimes those tests are tought to pass:mad:

18. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Hey Vini
    thanks yea i normally dont get so wound over dipsticks like that but man when you see that many boats sitting there waiting you get out of the way its commen sense. these guys just liked to tell everyone they were number one real bad attitudes. that area is getting worse and worse all the time. I bet in less then 2 years someone will get shot and killed on that ramp just from the attitudes that peope have anymore. At least the good part of the day was it was nice out bit chilly enjoyed the time with the wife and running all over on the boat. Got to talk to deltalover on the phone as long as i could keep a signal lol. Got to see some nice shiny new rangers and skeeters out there too. if it wasnt for the tude of them tow boat owners it would of been a perfect day lol. and the idiots throwing rocks in the river. :p

19. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Brian had a yelling match with a guy over his kids throwing rocks, we had to whip out our Glocks LoL

20. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    They sure left in a hurry......lol