Delta/Stockton Fishing Report - California

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Apr 14, 2006.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Delta/Stockton

***Bass *Stripers

Bass fishing has been hot with some huge weights, of around 40 pounds, for some recent tournaments at the Delta. Striped bass fishing is slow with poor conditions in the rivers.

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Delta/Stockton

**Bass *Stripers

Closure of the Delta due to high water has been lifted, with the exception of the San Joaquin. Some bass tournaments moved to other lakes.

Call: (209) 239-2248

3. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    The San Joaquin and Contra Costa counties boating closure has been extended to friday now!:sad: "Anyone caught on closed portions of the delta can expect to be cited and face misdemeanor charges, $1,000 fines, and up to six months in prison!". http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=weather&id=4084975

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Delta/Stockton

***Bass *Stripers

Bass fishing is still a wide-open bite for anglers throwing Rattletrap swimbaits or Senkos in the Frank's Tract area. Two 14-pound bass weighed in at the FLW tournament. Stripers working the Rio Vista area and are taking trolled Rebels or Rattletraps, Dwayne King of Fishermen's Warehouse said.

5. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    They are telling the truth about the delta bass! I'm not the best bass fisherman in the world, but you don't have to be right now. I went out to paradise marina ( just off eight mile rd.) the other day and caught 15 in under two hours. most were small, between 1/2 and 1/12 pounds, but i got a few nice ones. All I do is throw a six inch roboworm in Aarons Magic and they can't resist! I'm gonna go out tommorow and see if they are still biting. All my bass have been caught hugging the bank just behind the algea beds. If your out there catfishing and get bored, I suggest you give it a whirl......fun stuff!
    Linz

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Linz,
    I'm going to my spot up in Lodi in the morning. :0a23: - if I do any thing - I'll let you know. :cross: :0a32:

Good luck to ya,
    Bert:cool2:
    (Shaina)

7. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    If your out there catfishing and get bored, I suggest you give it a whirl......fun stuff!

YEP did exactly that one day I was hoping for a crappie ended up catching a 4 pound large mouth and WHAT A FIGHT !!!

8. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Good luck Bert you go get them man...:tounge_out:

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Delta/Stockton

**Bass **Stripers

Bass fishing has slowed in post spawn conditions with large numbers of smaller fish taking flippin' jigs and some frogs, Dwayne King said. The Frank's Tract area has a good bite on stripers taking swimbaits. The Rio Vista area is producing a good lineside bite on Rattletraps and Rebels.
    (209) 239-2248.

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Delta/Stockton

***Bass **Stripers

Bass fishing has busted loose with the fish taking almost any kind of lure you can throw, Dwayne King said.

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Delta/Stockton

***Bass **Stripers

Bass fishing is wide open, with lots of medium-sized fish biting brown/orange jigs, crankbaits, Spooks, spinnerbaits and Frogs, Dwayne King said. Striper action is fair on the San Joaquin on cutbait and is improving, with some bigger fish reported.