Delta Lover Revivial 08...

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by gilmafam, Sep 10, 2008.

1. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Got a day off.....

Want to meet up with BOC members to fish the Sacramento/ San Joaquin rivers.... not all at one time, as there is over 1,000 miles of river to do..... I thought that I might get "bulldogburgers" and Plumbertom! and maybe others to head north to the sacriverdelta to meet up with Bert "Shania" to enjoy some of the delta catfishing before the stripers "go off big time"......

Kind of a "Levy trip".... some boat... (mine) but a "gathering of us calif guys that don"t have to do the "honeydoos" this weekend and could get out of town..... A Delta River reviviaL...."All this depends on Bert... as I'm doing this for my buddy Bert, with hopes that Robb and others could join with us...... Dreaming

Bayrunner Ray

2. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Ray, are thinking of another houseboat trip on the Delta?

Jaime

3. gilmafam

State:
    California
    well...... not a house boat trip... just an "on the levy trip"... bring my boat, and see where everyone wants to fish .......
    .Bert, are you there?

Bayrunner Ray

4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    when will all this happen?? sounds like a good time

5. gilmafam

State:
    California

My thoughts on the dates are..... fri 26th sept..... mon 29th sept..... I'd be sick and depart on thru afternoon, and head north and drag my boat to meet up with Bert and others on the Delta.....Bert is the "man" on the shore fishing..... nice to be able to launch the boat and do some "looking".... a camp out..... sleeping bags on the levys.... what you say???

bayrunner Ray

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I may be able to do it. Just need to check a few things first. Let you know Ray. I PM'd you bro.

7. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I may be able to go too. Just let me know if this is a for sure deal. If you do go Robb maybe we could ride up together and save a few bucks on the gas. Keep me posted. Good idea Bayrunner Ray.

Sean!

8. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Im in brother...I would bring my boat as well and everyone is welcome to my supplies!!!! Is it ok ray? lol after i assume...

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    You have an open seat Jordan? I may need a ride.

10. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    If we go to the Delta up north I may have to say no to tomorrow at Eastman. I would rather go to the Delta than Eastman, I think. I've caught a ton of fish up there and it is always cool to go back and check it out. We could all ride up with Jordan, I think, and pitch in on gas. If you guys give the green light on that trip I will probably just wait instead of going out tomorrow. I say we go to Stockton, it's up to you guys.

Sean!

11. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Hell yeah man I have one thing to check out too make sure im good 100%

12. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Hey Gang.... sorry for the delay in getting back to Ya.... Back to that four letter thing called work...... so I am planning and doing the teaching thing...LOL....But back to basics..... The problem is that Master Catter Bert is without wheels..... he is mobile, but not with wheels.... Putting this together is in "memory" of ole Phillip Gains..... who I have never meet.....Robb even bought a boat to fish more with him...... Well anyway, several years back Plumbertom1 and Daistarchis Robb W. and I started at Mendota and decided to goto the Delta for the next two days.... yes, we had been doing some beverages, but all they had to do was sit while I drove........

The Plans, and I say plans.... could be at "Brennan Island State Park" go to google earth to "Rio Vista, Ca" and at the coords.... N 38*06' 57.35", and W. 121* 41' 23.67" and this is the place that I would park the RV.

The launch ramp is just to the east, and then it is "centrally located" This place is close so that "ole Linster" can come to visit, and the launching area will accomodate smaller boat too.....

Just to the west of the "Park" which is on "three mile slough" is the Sacramento River, and turn to the right is Rio Vista which is noted for its stripers... and then a bit up from their is "Isleton"..... Turn to the left out of three mile slough is the Sac, but the famed "Decker Island" of sturgeon fame......... To the esat on three mile slought... (three miles is the San Jouquin river, and the famed "santa clara shoals' and fishermans cut....

got lots of water to fish.... can do a fair amount from shore.... without driving, but short drives can take you to the sac or "seven mile slough" which is at the east end of camp.....

The Idea is to fish and camp.... my RV should be full.... no hookups for it, but I am self contained..... lots of tent area there, and good facilities for the toilet thing.... even a nice enclosed dock area to moor in..... We could pot luck for a dinner or two... I got pots and pans... but like to be away fishing..... as well.... LOL....they have fire pits and nice grassy area...

So... not sure if I'd play hookie on friday..... Yes, I am.... so I will be leaving on thursday night ..... be there fri night, sat night, and sunday night.....Got monday off as it is (sp) "rush a shona" .....that is English for a Jewish holiday..... Plan to come back to town on monday....

Now all of this is "up in the sky"...... I might have to take Bert back to Antioch or some other place so that he can catch a train or something...... what you say folks.... only a 7hour drive if you stay on it (from the LA area)

So the directions are ..... north on I 5 from stockton 12 miles to hwy 12, and then west to the Rio Vista Bridge, where you turn south on 160 which is on the river..... down to Brannen Island state Park and go in and east to my RV, by the launch ramp......

Got some pics of Mendota on the way there, not that we will do that, but then on the Sac river with "Rio Vista' bridge in the background, and then the "Beach gaurd" Robb W. Dastarchis.... at seven mile slough trying to convince some Feburary cats to some and eat....

Later... Bayrunner Ray

13. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Right now I would say that I could make the trip, but won't give a solid commitment for a few more days. I have something in the works that if it comes off I may be a little strapped for cash.
    Would I need to drive my truck up or would I ride with you and share fuel costs?

14. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Tom.... got a bunk space planned for you if you care to drive up with me.... Sharlene is out of town with the "girls"... cousins and all that female stuff......"Fish on"

Let me know..... Bayrunner Ray

15. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I am definitely cool with that trip. Sounds like a good time and get to fish some new waters. Me, Jordan, and Robb may be able to work out something and carpool up there. Just depends on their schedules. I know that they are interested in going though. Maybe some BOC members in the bay area or Stockton/Sacramento area could meet up with us out there too. Keep everybody posted on the details. Tight lines.

Sean!

16. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Thanks for the reply Scott.....

Sorry Gang.... I've got to cancel.......

Yea.... its true..... got my calendar mixed up.... thought the day off was monday the 29th and it is the 30th.... even though my attitude is "fishing first"..... they would like to fire me... or dock my pay.... its not the $$ ......."Just fishing" which is one of the joys of this man's life....

I thought that I could be sick friday, which is "legal" and then enjoy monday off as the "Holiday"..... not so, its tuesday off....... kind of snuffs my plan to get up north and fish with Bert.. "Shania" and others.....We'll have to do the "Brannen Island" trip another time......

Guess that I'll just sit down and "cry".....no, I can salvage some fishing out of the time.....maybe an offshore fishing trip out of the south of California... on Tuesday....

Talk to you later..... Bayrunner Ray

17. gilmafam

State:
    California
    NEW DATES........just looked ahead some.... and we could plan for the weekend of Nov 21.... sick day) for me as we get a "freeking week off" prior to Xgiving...... so..... Brannan Island ..... be there friday, sat, sunday, monday too.... will be a little cooler then, as I have been there the following week before fishing stripers and salmon... and the the "Big" mouth bass as well......Now I have my "all weather boat", and will fish from the boat or shore for "CATS" as well..... what you say gang... Other webb site "fishing sites' go here to get fish and camp and have fun.....more time to plan...

Bayrunner Ray

18. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Ray,

You can "Count Me In" for the weekend of the "21Th". Now all I have to do is work on a way to get there.:confused2:

So if anyone out there that plan on going to this, and live close to the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area, and want a riding Buddy for this that will pay for all of the Gas (Going & Coming)
    you could give me a call at "510 301-0134".
    :wink:

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gilmafam
    Good morning Bert..... sure would like to experience the Gulf area....to fish etc.... but the weather can be a bitch..... rather have a mild earth quake any day......

I forgot the dates of the Las Vegas trip..... so I see the prob.... my prob again was the wrong day off....... so we can work on the Nov. thing....

have a good one.... ray

Good Morning Ray, :big_smile:

Yea - That sounds good to me Buddy :0a23:, lets shoot for the Nov. thing, that way I don't have the Las Vegas trip :009:going against me and the only thing that would be in my way would be the Job,

but,

I got "a lot" of sick time - a by then I wont be filling to well - if you know what I mean.:wink:
    LoL

Take Care & Have a Bless Day,
    Bert :cool2:

P.S.: Tell "Charlean" that I say Hello for Me and I'll take another sandwich.
    LoL

20. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I'm down to go in November too. Let me know some official dates and I will schedule it off with work.

Sean!