Delta Houseboat Trip

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by gilmafam, Dec 20, 2006.

1. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hey! you all: I'm thinking of "helping" to put together a houseboat trip to the Delta. "A Boys Trip", one where we would get the boat before the prices go up for spring. Say a 4 day trip, where we would get the boat, and go up river to a convienent place to anchor the "mother ship" and go fishing from there. Some place close to the bank, or landings where others could hook up with us and shuttle to the "mother ship" What you say.. March? April?
    Thursday to monday?

bayrunner ray

2. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Nor Cal boys... Common.... there are some Islands out in the Delta where you can pull up to them, and If know one is there... before you, Its yours until you leave... Some of the Islands have neat areas that folks have fixed up, and they go and stay there "free for the summer" Some have decks and other places that are kind of "improved camping" We could go to the places on the "mother ship" and use that as home base to go to other more productive looking spots close by. Talk to me, lets get something going..

I helped some "good ole boys" out with their boat one time back. Their feul pump went out in their boat and we towed them back to the docks. These guys were decked out with "full flotation suits". It was a 15 miles ride back into the port of Stockton... The ole boys were very thankfull. Since we were new to the Delta... we didnot mind the trip, and they told us about their favorite fishing spots as we traveled.

"one good deed leads to another" They gave us the catch of stripped bass 5 good sized ones, gave us several of their modified deep diver lures, and told us to come to their farm and get a couple sacks of walnuts from their farms.... These guy were cool. One was the at youngest at 86 and the two others wrere like 89 and 90. They had been fishing the Delta since they were kids or something... They turned me on to many of the spots to go looking for cats.... and their favorite stripper spot.

Lets go... I'll bring my boat, and anything you can bring that floats can be attached or pulled behind the mother ship... we hook up some electronics to it... Sounder etc. GPS....were having fun....

Talk to me guys...

bayrunner ray

3. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Ray, it certainly sounds like a good time to be sure, but it's too early for me to commit to until I see what my situation is financially.

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Count me in!!!!! Man o Man!!!!! I been talking and dreaming and talking and ....you know:roll_eyes: That Delta is miles long. I know lil hooker (John dizzo) and Bert would be very very interested. Vince???? I just gotta start pinching pinnies:crazy:

How much for the cost ya think Brother Ray? You know brother Ray, reading all your post, some of your post remind me a lot of Philip Gaines (Deltalover). Many time fishing with him, wa always taked about a house boat trip on the Delta. He had so much knowledge of the Delta. I like to see this happen. This could also be a great memorial gathering in honor of him. I know Bert (shania) was his best bud and he has many more fine stories than I about Deltalover. If I am off base, please correct me. Delta house boat gathering sounds very very cool:big_smile: :big_smile:

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    My birthday is in April:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: Tell my wife..... Delta trip is what I want!:wink:

6. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Robb, we cant wait til april to do this... got to be before the spring price change..... we need a big boat... sleep 10 plus.... for sure... Gas money for he "mother ship" wants to be kept to a minimum... Go someplace and anchor.... we can alway dump people off here or there to try various land spots.... "your own Island" you and the mosquitos and spiders. thats not to say that the "M ship" cant be "parked at a good spot.... If we bring a alumium latter with plywood on it, (I got one) we will have a "plank" to walk to shore with.... to get to better shore fishing. Wind could be our worst enemy here as you well know....

Pot luck for food.... someone who can see (non drinker) will drive the "M ship" and follow the other boats.... My father in law was our "skipper" an old Navy "salt" He was legally blind and was great at the helm.... even though he drank somewhat. Mostly when we parked...

Go Go Go.... lets do it before the "Colorado River Get-together" the first or third week in May...."March".....should be the time.....

bayrunner ray

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    March will work for me:wink: That means it is even sooner:big_smile: :big_smile:

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    That could be vince:big_smile: He drinks soda and gateraid.

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I forgot......Lloyd:big_smile: I am sure he be interested too. Sorry brother for my short term memory loss:roll_eyes: You and I been fishing together in March for over 3 years now.

10. gilmafam

State:
    California
    The ole boys that I was talking about mentioned mildred island, old river, if we go up north, Walnut Grove has a nice shady area in the trees.. but that is a lot of traveling in the Mother Ship... I'm Thinking departing from seven crown... paradise marina or herman and helens... all out of of eight mile road... Head out west cross the stockton main channel and head south some.... One place that I think we could anchor us is just around the corner from Tiki lagun resort..(actually I have stayed there before). we could rendevous and pick up people there to spend sat and sunday.... the rest of us would get on the MShip on Friday.. mid day and truck off to mouring spot... Monday would be the day to take back the "Mother ship".... LA is 7 hrs from Stockton and if I get home at by 10 or 11 pm.... I'm happy....

bayrunner ray

11. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey ray was trying to find out some info online but nada, how much $$$$ between winter rates and spring, iknow there talking el-nino this winter and i know last spring before our gathring all it did is rain most every day hate to get up there and be pouring rain every day, a little is ok but i know it can rain days on end up there

when these adds say it sleeps 14 does that meen theres 14 beds or 7 with 2 to a bed cuz i dont know about you but dont sleep with grown men, man if u ever herd Blue snore ya mite not even want to be in the same building:big_smile: if need be can always bring a cot and sleeing bag im sure thers some place to set one or some up in side, but all in all sounds like a great idea, find out about the $$$$ for the differnt size boats so we got an idea about the money, also see if ya cant come up with a link so we can look at whats up

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Tiki lagoon is around the corner from wind mill cove . Really cool place on weekend nights. I know I been past tiki a few times going over to bacon island. Nice place. Hey, I am game for where ever. I know the wind may be a factor in march. Old River....man, sturgon:big_smile: That deep river channel is no joke. Those takers and cargo ships coming through there tripped me out one night. Scared the S@&t out of me:eek:oooh: I am excited. Geting out my old trusty delta map out now.:cool2:

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    LOL!!!!! Dale....Blue will have some competition with me:big_smile: I been vido taped and I scared the hell out of my self watching it LOL!!!!!:big_smile:

14. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Yobud.. I have not checked Herman and Helens... probably cheeper than 7 crown.... I'll send both email address..... & crown package is the boat called the Summit.... twin 60's sleeps 10/12 2 a/c check the web site
    They have a special "day-night savings time" thing... pick up another night bonus.... regular 3days/2nights for $1150 (get one more night as bonus) Im thinking fri night, sat night, sun night... I think you got to be back by noon or something....

I use cotton in my ears... helps with my snoreing...

http://www.houseboats.com/hermanandhelens/brochure.htm

Herman & Helen's Marina
    Venice Island Ferry
    Stockton, CA 95219
    (209) 951-4634
    (800) 676-4841

http://www.sevencrown.com/lakes/california_delta/index.htm

Summit
    Sleeps 10-12
    47' x 14'
    Cabin 11'6" x 30'
    Generator & Air Conditioner
    *Dual outboard motors or single I/O

2007 Value Rate Sept 5, 2006- June 10, 2007 & Sept 4 - Dec 31 (excludes Memorial Day, May 25-28)
    3 day/2 night 4 day/3 night 7 day/6 night
    $1150 $1350 $1750
    bonus night would give us 1 more night on the $1150 package ... without gas

bayrunner ray

15. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    We'll.... I am packing:big_smile: I am getting ready:big_smile:

16. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Look if its all that bad.... I'll sleep in my boat... up wind....."smell my beans" you will... the big thing is the fresh water... 45 gal is short... well draw strings for showers or tiki lagoon has them... If we need a shower... Hell there is always the delta... its not that dirty.

bayrunner ray

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    The summit is SWEET!!!!!! Can't wait guys. I hope it happens.

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    After I open up my stink bait, you all may be kicking out to the boat with Ray:lol:

19. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    That Crownship is SWEET as well:big_smile:

20. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Robb, I just got done looking at the accomadations and... what you know, I think that "gator aid" might be able get his butt in the Captains chair...

bayrunner ray

crown ship sleeps 6.... that might be short of body room.... got to be summit or maybe Herman and Helens got better deals and size