Delphi Chapter 11...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    this is a really big bankruptcy...could GM be next?

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i'm smarter than i thought! notice the date on the original post:smile2:

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah Mr. Washburn... yer a regular Nostradomus...:smile2:

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good call Phil:wink:

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    oh come on, Jeb...even a stopped clock is right twice a day:smile2::smile2:

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    You got it right !

7. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    um Phil, i could use the powerball numbers for this week

8. Madtownangler

Madtownangler New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    The company I work for used to make 98% car parts. About five years ago we started bidding on jobs for other applications and are now make under 50% car parts. We are making differential covers for the new Camaro and in September all that will be moving down to Mexico ??? I like how we bail out these companies and then they keep sending jobs to foreign countries anyways. We went through the whole Delphi thing around 2004 and they owed us a whole crapload of money that we never got. That was kind of the beginning of this recession for our company. We still make axle parts for American Axle and Ford. We opened a whole new plant in another town to run differentials for Ford, and they are running at half the capacity they told us they needed to. This is the worst year our company has ever had in over 100 years of business. Everyone had to take ten percent paycuts and my department lost all overtime. I have to work M-F one week and Tues-Sat another week to save money on overtime. We have been running 3-4 weeks at a time six days a week and then shutting down for two weeks and collecting unemployment to save money. The good, but still sad part is that all these small companies are going out of business and we are taking over jobs that they had. This fall will be som busy that I will probably be working seven days a week for a couple months before Christmas, which will wreck deer hunting. We have gained jobs from MGM brakes, some new jobs from Harley Davidson (police parts) and some new jobs from Kohler. We just got a 20 million dollar grant based upon this future business to get out suppliers off of us. We bought a used million dollar die casting machine for under ten thousand dollars from a company in Minnesotta at an auction. So our future looks better, but we will eventually get away from the American car industry. Nissan and Toyota will probably be the only car parts we will make in the future.