Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Dells Catfishing below the dam.

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Madtownangler 
#1 ·
Anyone fishing the dam for cats lately. Only been there one time this year, with no luck.

#4 ·
I have never fished there (yet). Its on my list though, as well as a hundred others. I would check out Lake Link, then Wisconsin, then type in Wis Dells and see if there are any recent fishing reports. You can also call the following and see if they can provide any info: Big spring sports 608 253 2710, river's edge bait shop 608 254 7707, schleef's bait shop 608 254 2034

#7 ·
I fish for catfish and launch at the public launch next to the River's Edge Bait Shop. I use my Navionics mapping to locate the deeper holes and have good luck fishing those deep holes. I also look for underwater wood structure and ledges and catch catfish there. I have caught flatheads but mostly channel cats. Good luck my friend!

#8 ·
Lot of sturgeon below the Dells dam and downriver at times. Check out lake-link and they will also talk about the water levels. I've shore fished the beach a little below the dam but I think they banned overnight fishing there now. There are jet boat tours and the boats turn around right in front of the beach and do 360's and all other crap so I only ever shore fished at night.

I have private access to the Wisconsin River at my parents house so I just fish the hole there now. No public access for miles around that spot and so the neighbors all fish there. We keep it quiet and private LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.