delehoya vs forbes

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by raildan, May 4, 2008.

1. raildan

raildan New Member

State:
    ca
    well any thoughts on last nights fight, and if the delehoya that showed up last night(the old oscar finally)will beat mayweather in september. if oscar throws as many jabs and stays on his toes like last night he should'nt have a problem.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'll go with De La Hoya. Don't know much about the other guy but have always liked Oscar.:big_smile:

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    If what he did against Forbes didn't work, don't bet on him to beat Mayweather. He will have to bring more to the ring than that. That fight was just an over glorified sparring match where 2 boxers made some money to let ppl watch, that's why it wasn't on pay per view........

4. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

What did he do aginst Forbes that didnt work other than bounce his gloves off his face for 12 rounds?? Oscar looked good dude..Forbes has never been knocked down or out if thats what your talking about..But Oscar totally dominated the fight, and won hands down on the score cards..Forbes eyes were dang near swollen shut too after the fight..Im not sure what you think Oscar didnt do that he should have done..Forbes is a former champ..I dont know of any former champs that are a relaxing walk in the park, or a push over..De La Hoya won easy.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I totally agree with you on this statement. Oscar all the way.:0a27::0a27::0a27::big_smile_2:

6. raildan

raildan New Member

State:
    ca
    i agree with matt on this, oscar wanted to see if what he was working in gym would pay off with someone like forbes i know he's no mayweather but compared to whats out there he's about as close as you can get.i think we will have the same results in september oscar with his hands raised.:nosebleed:

7. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i still didn't think the fight was exciting at all, judging by Oscar's past fights where he gave it his all..I think he should have knocked out Forbes, true he has never been knocked out before but he never faced anybody like Oscar either!!!! He was a former champion that didn't have to defend his title for very long cuz he couldn't hold onto it that long. He didn't look good on the contender either against Brewer in my opinion. I don't like when they put former champions on that show, they should let the up & coming fighters have a good chance, there's always a former champ. Just look at Sakio Bika, they are just trying to revive their careers against up & coming fighters to try & get in the ranks again. They should fight their way back to the top against ranked fighters, not against golden gloves winners!!! Why couldn't Oscar fight one of the guys who have been calling him out for years so that we could see a real good fight. Don't get me wrong I think he his a great fighter, but just not against Mayweather. We'll just have to watch & see, maybe he can pull off a Rachman/Lewis fight or a Johnson/Jones Jr fight..
    I really wish Mayweather would just retire the champ he is right now & leave the sport the best pound for pound fighter in the world, not get careless in one of these fights where he has nothing to prove and get knocked out like all these other former champs who could have hung it up before that one last fight....

8. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    oscar easily won the fight though i was suprised at the amount of clean punches forbes did land.that being said oscar has always been willing to take a few to give a few.

9. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ok i have been boxing for 12 yrs. i am a big delahoya fan but i will give a honest opinion. i felt oscar looked really good against forbes and he should have he is a way better fighter. but i think delahoya is on the right trac to beat mayweather. he was in shape. thats what he was testing. he wasnt testing his power because we all know delahoya can knock u out with one punch. the reason this fight went 12 rounds is because he wasnt worried about knocking out forbes he was wanting to test his cardio and see if he could go 12 strong rounds. and he proved he could. the first fight against floyd he was winning with all judges then he faded and got tired stopped jabbing got tired and lost. he is friends with forbes so why would he go out and knock him out and prove nothing. what he proved was that he can go 12 hard rounds. mayweather seen it and he isnt going to like it. mayweather is great dont get me wrong but he fights one way. he has always won with. oscar can change his style to fight the other person. trust me id oscar didnt have a plan and think he could win then he wouldnt want the rematch. also if it would have been a pay per view with forbes then oscar would have knocked him out since people was paying but since it was free then why not go 12 hard rounds and give forbes a pay day unlike he has ever seen.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I long for the day that someone shuts Mayweathers mouth. I believe Delehoya will do it this time. And I hope he want agree to a rematch. Make mayweather beg.