Delaware River

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by River Outlaw, Jul 29, 2008.

1. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Lucky come got me so we could go to his mom's and eat w/ family. well, she lives right by Perry so we figgered....:wink:, since we're gonna be this close to water we might as well toss a line or two in.

we went to the delaware off 130th from ferguson rd. where there used to be a bridge. fished it for about 5 hrs and only action was the largest soft shell i've ever seen. (pics below) the bait we had on hand was goldfish, worms, cpl gills, and frogs. thr river had almost no current at all and the bugs were so bad you could hear the hum from em constantly. skeeters were BAD last night. looked like i was shinin my maglight through smoke !!

left there and came back to town not ready to give up and tried the Kaw by the forestry dump where the creek dumps in. no bugs and no breeze. also, no action other than a 2 ft. (+/-) gar that got Lucky for 3-4 goldfish.

Attached Files:

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    That is a BIG ol turtle. Atleast you got out, thats the important part. I hate them stupid um cough* gar*cough!:smile2: Ashley got one the other night. First one I have ever seen in the Little river.:confused2: I was hoping there were none in there.:sad2:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    wish your trip could have been better, good luck in the future

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    they should have seen the one i cought that night we went fishing kyle

5. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    me & Lucky will be out on the delaware for the nextcpl days fishin & sleepin on the banks. if anyone is in the ares north of perry then give us a holler. i do believe my number is on my profile still.

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    We went and slept below the spillway there after we left the Wakie that day. Ashley got ate up by the skeeters.:smile2: Nice lookin river when we crossed it south of the dam. Good luck!

7. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    we didnt stay on the delaware long after 4 hours of not catchin bait & no bites on what we had and gettin ATE UP by the bugs we decided to leave. when i would shine by 3 cell mag light it looked like i was tryin to look through smoke the bugs were so bad.