delaware river

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Tunnel Rat, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Tunnel Rat

Tunnel Rat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    once again ron and i going out to see if cats fatting up for winter may be a good day to fish river, will report later. remember a slow day fishing better than fast day at home.

2. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Good luck:big_smile:

3. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Caution NOTICE: Delaware Boat Ramp

The Delaware Boat Ramp is open and undergoing major excavation work. There are 18" diameter rock around and on the concrete boat ramp.

This story is about the other boat Henry and I have (not the 12’ white semi-v). The motor is a 1980, 7.5 Evinrude w/ solid state, transistorize, computer module ignition. There is a lever for shadow running but no lever to hold the motor completely out of the water like on the 9.5’s and 9.9s. This Motor has been tried and tested by Water.

Somehow while backing down the Delaware Boat Ramp the Motor came off the transom and sunk like a boat anchor. Both motor clamps are locked with a pad lock. Only those of us who work on boat motors can completely appreciate the next sentence. Diplomatically and with all humility at his command Henry explain that the motor was only underwater a few seconds and was probably ok.
    Henry walked out into the water, drug the motor back and we put it back on the boat.
    Tried and Tested by Water. It’s an Evinrude. Took the cover off and let the motor dry out for a couple hours with the wind blowing (15 M.P.H.). It started and ran fine.
    We went fishing, caught 4 eaters Oct. 7, 2009

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  4. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That is was of the best stories I have read lately. Way to go on the recovery, the maintenance, and the dinner! Outstanding job guys!! I will be pass this on to my Father. Awesome!!!:wink::eek:oooh::smile2:

5. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I also cannot spell today or make sentences. Too much coffee! :eek:oooh::confused2::crazy:

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    You two are somethin else.:tounge_out::smile2:
    Them ol Evinrudes are a tough little motor. I have a 6 hp that has been through hell, but she still fires up and gets me there. Just slowly.:smile2:

7. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    When your 10 miles from no where and wedged between a log jam and the current on the Pomme de Terre River the best fishing partner to have is one who believes in 'no man left behind'.

8. Silvercreek

Silvercreek New Member

State:
    Kansas, Marion Reservoir
    Does the Douglas Co. Sheriff's Department have a "Search and Rescue Team" especially for that???:wink::wink::wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:
    Glad all is safe.

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Well said Ron...

Or one that believe's the captain should remain with the ship while he gets out in 40 degree water to push the ship off the mud bar..:smile2:

10. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Oct. 15, 2009. They don't make boats like that one anymore. In fact, they never did. The guy I bought the boat from said it used to be a 14' or 16', he didn't know for sure. It's a 12' x 53' w/17" sides now. It's a old peoples boat and trailer w/handrails.
    Anyway, recently we rework the trailer with 4 new bunk boards and moved them back another 2' to distribute the weight better and make it easier to launch. Made a lever to hold up the boat motor so it would not come off the transom again. NO ROLLERS, just bunk boards.
    Backing down the Delaware Ramp every so slowly, carefully, cautiously. That boat launch off that trailer slicker than snot slid'n off a baby butt. I got out and looked. That boat was a good 20' from the water edge. Need more trailer design work.
    Didn't catch no fish, got some good bites.

Attached Files:

• Old.jpg
      Old.jpg
      File size:
      24.4 KB
      Views:
    • New.jpg
      New.jpg
      File size:
      39 KB
      Views:
  11. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Nice looking rig..

12. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i'll be on the delaware tomorrow on a recon mission

13. billyum2

billyum2 New Member

State:
    Topeka,ks
    Good luck JJ hope ya find what your looking for.

I found me a limit of channel cat today,they were hittin like a freight train

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  14. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    thanks. we're just checkin water levels for duck huntin. i think we're prob. gonna have to change up some things this year due to low water levels :sad2:

15. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Duck numbers are up from last yr.Opening day is coming up quick.

Now a little rain to fill the pothole's and the trap will be set.

Good luck JJ ....

16. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    our usual spot aint dried up but aint far from it. still enough water for em to come in though. found a couple alt. spots for a backup plan.

TONS of 2-3 in shad jumpin by the old bridge on the delaware today. looked like there may of been a few bigger ones closer to the bank. seemed to be where this group of pelicans wanted to be.

17. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    JJ I hope you have some camo gear for duck hunting.Your outfit in your avatar might spook them a little bit....:smile2::smile2:

18. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    That's the only way you're gonna get em...get out & give it a shot...tight lines bro:cool2:

19. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i have one of those in camo too :smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. Tunnel Rat

Tunnel Rat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    once again ron and i found the cats, four eaters cleaned and going in freezer, shad were plentyful, more fishing tommrow.anyone else catching????? JJ what , wheres the blood bait can? yellow will scare the fish lol.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009