Delaware river in Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by delawareriver, May 27, 2009.

1. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    its been fishing hot the last few weeks, have been out and have a dozen quality channels. up to about 12# but the smallest one ive got was like 23" so every fish ive been catching has been good size, a few huge bull heads also! cut bait has been producing number one, worms have got eels, only had liver one night and got one channel. anyone else been out?

2. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Cut that eel!!!!!!!EEls will produce channels for you I promise you please keep one and cut it up

3. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    the man speaks the truth the biggest channels i get usually come off a hunk of eel. chicken liver produces fish but the eel gets the big ones. I fished the delaware a few times this weekend and got a bunch of fish most pretty good size.

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It's so difficult to get out on the Big D when you have the Thee Mighty SkooooooooooK in your backyard!:wink::cool2:

5. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Amen brother!!!!

6. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Now that the White Perch infestation is in full effect they nibble off your bait before anything can get to it...Especially worms...Course you can use them guys for Bait....There have been some nice Channels caught past few weeks prior to last week on the Big D...

7. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA
    this is very true, best bait I've used all year, it just produces quality fish.

8. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    When I was a teenager on the Elk river my Dad use to tell me to catch an eel or a white perch and cut them up this was of course before the blue crabs came up once they came up they were the bait of choice quartered top-hard shell removed all legs removed hook inserted into leg socket out through bottom softer shell channel cats demolished those:wink:

9. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Heck Louie, I would deffinatly cut them suckas up. If you get a smaller one do what I said the night I met up with you guys. It should produce.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Now just what do ya think happened to the one in my avatar? LOL!

11. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    ha you guys act like cut eel is a secret. been using that for a few years now.

ken what tip you did tell me that night was big bait equals big fish. large 14 inch bait and my first 30# under my belt!

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The biggest PA channel cat I have ever seen/touched was caught on a whole dead eel.

13. I never used one as bait.:eek:oooh: Except for salt water.:roll_eyes: Hmmm........I just might have to.............:cool2:

14. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    It would be a good idea if ya did John:wink:

15. I guess next time I land one Jimmy, I will have to give it a try.:wink:

16. How big was that one pal, if I may ask?:roll_eyes: Length wise around 30" is the biggest I ever saw out of the Skuke.:cool2: